• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it just me, or...

52 posts in this topic

Is it just me, or are there a lot of people who joined the site >5 years ago that have less than 100 posts all the sudden creating topics and joining in discussions?

Are these long-term shills or people who lost their login/password for half a decade?

Seems strange to have created an account in 2007, and have only posted 25 times in 8 years, but all the sudden you have a major complaint you just have create a thread for in one of the forums...

:shrug:

I haven't noticed anything along those lines personally, but have to admit I'm not looking for them either. I don't post a lot personally, but do find the comments and threads interesting and informative...particularly in discussions concerning current trends with what's hot in Silver and Bronze Age comics. I also took part in the latest grading contest which was loads of fun. The discussions in the Water Cooler about what's happening in the markets are a bonus for me as I do invest in the market and am very interested in what's talked about.

So, I'm thinking while a lot of people who joined years ago may not post a lot, there's a strong possibility they're doing a lot of reading. As far as starting threads with complaints, if you've got something legitimate to complain about, you do have the right as a forum member to complain. And, as a forum member you can either take part in it or ignore it. What's the harm?

Is it just me, or are there a lot of people who joined the site >5 years ago that have less than 100 posts all the sudden creating topics and joining in discussions?

Are these long-term shills or people who lost their login/password for half a decade?

Seems strange to have created an account in 2007, and have only posted 25 times in 8 years, but all the sudden you have a major complaint you just have create a thread for in one of the forums...

What seems strange to me is that there seems to be this unspoken competition to see who has the most posts.

Different strokes for different folks.

What seems strange to me is that there seems to be this unspoken competition to see who has the most posts.

Different strokes for different folks.

I'm losing that competition, but I do feel the need to start a thread.

I blame the demise of the LTPC

I thought I would miss the LTPC thread but I dont. I find that drama threads have a little more time to get fleshed out now instead of instantly turning into a meme/Gif blitz by the same people each time.

I thought I would miss the LTPC thread but I dont. I find that drama threads have a little more time to get fleshed out now instead of instantly turning into a meme/Gif blitz by the same people each time.

Ibtl

Ibtl

:roflmao:

-2 points for you! :sumo:

Ibtl

:roflmao:

-2 points for you! :sumo:

It was -5 noob :makepoint:

I know a person who has been on the forums for around 5 years and I doubt he has made any posts at all. He goes to my LCS and we will talk about the forum.

He has some really high end books, but when it comes to participating in the forum he prefers to lurk.

We cant all be Kav

There are just members that like to lurk the forums and not post. (shrug) don't think there is anything wrong with that

The boards are my relaxation time, and something I only get to a few times a week... It doesn't always make sense to comment on something that's 12 or 24 or 48 hours old, or at least it often shouldn't...

Low post counts don't always mean lack of knowledge or lack of engagement.