• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it just me, or...

52 posts in this topic

Is it just me, or are there a lot of people who joined the site >5 years ago that have less than 100 posts all the sudden creating topics and joining in discussions?

Are these long-term shills or people who lost their login/password for half a decade?

Seems strange to have created an account in 2007, and have only posted 25 times in 8 years, but all the sudden you have a major complaint you just have create a thread for in one of the forums...

:shrug:

Like sleeper cells?

All of a sudden they awaken.

Is it just me, or are there a lot of people who joined the site >5 years ago that have less than 100 posts all the sudden creating topics and joining in discussions?

Are these long-term shills or people who lost their login/password for half a decade?

Seems strange to have created an account in 2007, and have only posted 25 times in 8 years, but all the sudden you have a major complaint you just have create a thread for in one of the forums...

:shrug:

What seems strange to me is that there seems to be this unspoken competition to see who has the most posts.

Different strokes for different folks.

Didn't Kav win that competition?

What seems strange to me is that there seems to be this unspoken competition to see who has the most posts.

Kav doesn't do anywhere near enough graemlins.

There are just members that like to lurk the forums and not post. (shrug) don't think there is anything wrong with that

The boards are my relaxation time, and something I only get to a few times a week... It doesn't always make sense to comment on something that's 12 or 24 or 48 hours old, or at least it often shouldn't...

Low post counts don't always mean lack of knowledge or lack of engagement.

This is the same situation for me. I haven't been here for more than 5 years, but I enjoy reading/learning in the threads that interest me and I post when I think I have something to contribute that might be helpful.

Or have a sale…. :roflmao:

I just don't understand that whole post count thing, like junk donkey just posting a hundred graemlins in that dopey thread. (shrug)

I just don't understand that whole post count thing, like junk donkey just posting a hundred graemlins in that dopey thread. (shrug)

It isn't for me, either.

It isn't for me, either.

I'll just keep posting in this thread so that I can start catching up. Check it out, I think I'm up to 6 posts in 2 years!

Watch out, Kav. I'm gaining on you!

Genius is often misunderstood and ahead of it's time.

Yeah-- What's with those damn low post count, long time members?

Ban 'em all!! :sumo:

Joker--

+1

-bc

+2

Look at you guys, trying to jack up your post counts!

Shameless, really.