• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your favorite Silver Age DC Classic reprint or Marvel reprint?

21 posts in this topic

So far I have read BB28 & Showcase #4 and I am really enjoying the Flash. He was not a character I paid any attention to but now after seen him in these 2 books I am gaining respect for him. Who knows maybe these few books will make a Flash fan out of me (could end up buying a bunch of older issues as a consequence for reading).

So far the character I seem to enjoy least is Wonder Woman.

I still have a bunch more of the reprints to read so I will make my choice once I am done (just received them all today). Looking forward to read the 1st 6 issues of the Hulk!!

I love the readers comments at the end of each book some cool stuff for sure. Talks about people reading those books during that era and how they see it today.

Well I finished 6 Silver Age Classic reprints (still have a couple left) this evening and by far Showcase #4 was the best of all of them. I found the 2nd best to be Adventure Comics #247 (1st appearance of the Legion of Superheroes).

The one I liked the least so far is Showcase #22 (the story is just not very exciting).

So I am now officially a fan of the Flash.

Tomorrow I will start the original 6 Hulks I am looking forward to reading them.

Agree that Hulk #1 was a cool origin story. Now that I think about it, the panel with Banner being slammed with radiation while standing alone in the desert reminds me of the powerful scene in Terminator 2 when Sarah Connor dreams of the nuclear bombing of LA.

For me, the king of reprints is this one - origins galore. No letters pages, unfortunately, but that's made up for by the two page spread of portrait photos of the Marvel bullpen:

MT1.jpg

MT1cgc.jpg

Well I finished 6 Silver Age Classic reprints (still have a couple left) this evening and by far Showcase #4 was the best of all of them.

So I am now officially a fan of the Flash.

I see a Showcase 4 in your future... :idea:

I really like the 80 Page Giants, a couple of my favorites, especially ones with the original story covers on the back:

sma7a.jpg

sma7b.jpg

80page2a.jpg

80page2b.jpg

I also love the 100 pagers, here are a couple of favorites:

dc6a.jpg

dc6b.jpg

dc21a.jpg

dc21b.jpg

For me, the king of reprints is this one - origins galore. No letters pages, unfortunately, but that's made up for by the two page spread of portrait photos of the Marvel bullpen:

MT1cgc.jpg

Number 2 from 1965 is also a fine collection of stories.

Oct65-1.jpg

The "another great surprise inside" is Lee/Ditko's "A Monster Among Us" from Amazing Adult Fantasy #8.

This book. It came out in Italy about the same year I started reading Marvels (1978, I believe) and it contained reprints of Fantastic Four #1, #5 (I believe), #30 and Annual #6. I still have my OO copy… :cloud9:

Ah, it is magazine sized, and paper was carefully picked (not coated) to have the colors not to be aggressive, as they completely ruin things when nowadays they use coated paper with the strong colors which were originally thought to perform best on newsprint.

W6cU4Xrh.jpg

o5yAcyXh.jpg

IdTRb6yh.jpg