• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 1 pages in ha auction

28 posts in this topic

So i won the action 1 pages. I'm going to get it graded. Plan to slab each page so that i can enjoy reading it, looking at. It has the complete superman story, with 3 extra staples keeping them together. Or should i just keep it together and slab as is. Opinions are welcome!

(thumbs u Thats spoon great. You will never lose $$$ on that deal.

They need to be left together. Before you send be sure it will get a Blue

Remember they have been together since 1938 cant break up that history.

There are a lot of pages slab to date. I have yet to see the complete Sup story in a slab.?

You are only going to get a grand a page and thats only 13 gs total so do the math.

If you got 2gs a page thats 26 total plus 13 slabs $$$ and you paid 31. :makepoint:

There are a lot of pages slab to date. I have yet to see the complete Sup story in a slab.?

You are only going to get a grand a page and thats only 13 gs total so do the math.

If you got 2gs a page thats 26 total plus 13 slabs $$$ and you paid 31. :makepoint:

Those numbers are off. He paid 21 which is less than the percentage of guide for story only non-key copies that are selling on ebay (18-25% of good) The splash and the last page could sell individually for as much as 10K to somebody who needs them (copy missing outer wrap or the contest page) and the other pages would likely go above 3K apiece (considering that brittle and chunk-missing non-supe pages from action 1 sell for up to 1K apiece)

The staples could have been added anytime so it's not like any cultural history is preserved by keeping it as is.

I would vote for slabbing individually so the whole thing can be read. (would be cool if CGC had an option of putting individual pages in thin holders with binder rings on the side)

Those numbers are off. He paid 21 which is less than the percentage of guide for story only non-key copies that are selling on ebay (18-25% of good) The splash and the last page could sell individually for as much as 10K to somebody who needs them (copy missing outer wrap or the contest page) and the other pages would likely go above 3K apiece (considering that brittle and chunk-missing non-supe pages from action 1 sell for up to 1K apiece)

The staples could have been added anytime so it's not like any cultural history is preserved by keeping it as is.

I would vote for slabbing individually so the whole thing can be read. (would be cool if CGC had an option of putting individual pages in thin holders with binder rings on the side)

When i had a set of pages in 1998 i could not sell for nothing. I thought e-bay had pages for a grand each over this last year and the did not sell? Could be wrong the prices went way up since i bought your coverless Action 10.

Yup your right 21gs most of had to much pepsi max. doh!

That's a steal. Id slab it all together. The Splash page and Page 6 (Supes lifting the car) have sold for 11k and 15k respectively in CGC holders. Action 1 is still King--a entire coverless Tec 27 sells for 30--the Bats story would probably max out at 15k in the same condition

That's a steal. Id slab it all together. The Splash page and Page 6 (Supes lifting the car) have sold for 11k and 15k respectively in CGC holders. Action 1 is still King--a entire coverless Tec 27 sells for 30--the Bats story would probably max out at 15k in the same condition

Your not really comparing apples to apples here. Those high prices were for much nicer quality pages. These pages are great and were certainly on the cheaper side considering what the run of Detective Batman pages went for, but there are trimmed likely on all sides and brittle in some spots for sure. I would be concerned that by removing the staples it might crack that whole edge which would be very bad.

It will be interesting to see what the Robinson coverless tec 27 brings.

That being said if possible I would slab them as single pages.

James G

Wonder why they didn't get it slabbed---hmmmmm.......interested to see how it pans out. The boardie that bought the trimmed Tec 27 Bats story from a bound volume--any idea what he paid? Trimmed or not 21k is a deal--I'm guessing the possibility of trimming scared some peops off