• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Torn on how to deal with poor buying experience

155 posts in this topic

So I won an auction on here for what was supposed to be a full long box of comics, almost 500 to be exact. Everything appeared to be in the very fine to near mint range with photos of everything. Today I get a box with "mushy" cardboard, half filled with paper packing material and only just over 200 comics literally smashed together at the other end. Looked like someone just grabbed handfuls of comics and just stuffed them in there with zero concern. Pics will be posted tomorrow. I filed a paypal dispute almost immediately and the seller said he'd refund me if I ship the items back. Virtually every comic is damaged with stress lines galore and some even mangled or ripped. If I refuse to ship back the damaged comics do I still have a good shot at getting PayPal to refund my money? The box is trashed, the comics are trashed and even if I pack into another box the shipping weight is going to be so high I'll probably have to shell out at least $20 to ship them back. The seller shipped media rate and I don't want to do that for fear of having them sent right back to me. I don't feel I should be responsible for return shipping given the circumstances. I'm livid. Any suggestions or advice?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8833404#Post8833404

So you are having two shots at complaining, or is there yet another disaster that happened to you?

If there are 2 cases - fine.

If it's the same one - you have made people aware, and as I understand it, you are being made whole, and you were not at fault.

Did lightning strike twice, or are you having another pop?

A suggestion for you. Next time you are disappointed with a purchase, contact the seller first before filing a paypal dispute. Often problems can be worked out amicably. Filing a paypal dispute is supposed to be the last resort after all else fails.

my favorite is people who just leave a negative or neutral comment and then finally make the first attempt to contact you to ask for the refund as well.

They are almost as bad as the people who immediately assume you are trying to deceive them or some other perceived slight.

By making this thread you have probably made the personal "do not sell to" list of many people.

In no way did it appear that the auction had 500 books so you already misrepresent the facts and now you are overreacting to a situation where the seller has admitted his error and is even trying to work with you.

First world problems at it's finest.

You thought you were getting a longbox with 500 comics in it?

You might be interested in a bridge I currently have for sale.

It's conveniently located right in the heart of Brooklyn, and I think it's a great potential money maker for the right owner.

PM me for more details.

It's conveniently located right in the heart of Brooklyn, and I think it's a great potential money maker for the right owner.

PM me for more details.

:takeit: via pm

PM me for more details.

:takeit: via pm

Sold!

I think you're really going to like it, It's one sweet bridge!

Now if anyone gives you a hard time when you go to take possession of it, just refer them to this thread as your proof of ownership.

Enjoy!

It is weird though.

The seller posted a count of the books in lots according to title, and unless I missed something it adds up to almost 500 books.

Actually, you're correct. I didn't see the post where it listed the issue count on each lot. I take back my statement of the buyer misrepresenting the facts and apologize for that statement but I still stand by my comment of overreacting to the situation and therefore making himself a target of people's personal "do not sell to" list.

It is weird though.

The seller posted a count of the books in lots according to title, and unless I missed something it adds up to almost 500 books.

Also, I didn't get why the books were shipped via media mail? I thought that's a no-no for comics?

It is weird though.

497, to be exact hm

Is there a link to the original sales thread?

I haven't seen it yet

It is weird though.

497, to be exact hm

Is there a link to the original sales thread?

I haven't seen it yet

I'm not sure this is the best place to discuss this (marketplace general discussion thread would be better, at least), and I agree that OP should never have made this thread....but since it's here being discussed and there's basically no ambiguity as to the thread in question.....

I'm assuming it's this one:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8798714#Post8798714