• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Tales of Suspense 96

24 posts in this topic

There is no foxing at all, not sure where you see it (shrug)

As for bc spine, it is more a scanner effect than real browning, I have to change parameters of my new scanner.

Maybe I should change the question into: what CGC grade do you think it got?

I've seen a few that are very close condition get those grades. My grade is based on the OP and his explanation of the scanner settings. Generous perhaps, but such is the grading life. It may well be a bit lower grade in hand.

I cannot wait to buy from you, when is your next FS thread of raw books?

But it looks like it has some slight dust shadows… Or am I wrong?

These can’t be scanner artifacts. No less than a 9.0, anyway, IMO. Spine looks super-sweet. :)

GCG generally is not much lenient on dust shadows. My FF#36 is a deslabbed 8.0 (it also has some bc foxing, but minimal) even if it looks a lot better:

nk51MQmh.jpg

But it looks like it has some slight dust shadows… Or am I wrong?

These can’t be scanner artifacts. No less than a 9.0, anyway, IMO. Spine looks super-sweet. :)

GCG generally is not much lenient on dust shadows. My FF#36 is a deslabbed 8.0 (it also has some bc foxing, but minimal) even if it looks a lot better:

nk51MQmh.jpg

Never noticed the FF fighting Sandman, Magneto, Medusa & Paste Pot Pete in one issue! lol

Never notices the FF fighting Sandman, Magneto, Medusa & Paste Pot Pete in one issue! lol

Actually this joke is spot on: the delightful taste in color schemes of the day (probably due to George Roussos?) makes the costumes of the Frightful Four close to the unusual similar coloring in that Journey into Mystery #109, which given the overall great taste I would credit to the same colorist. (thumbs u

Yes, there is a very light and narrow dust shadow on lower left side of back cover edge although it looks worse on scan than on reality. There is none on bc spine.

CGC seems to be inconsistent with dust shadows (and with many other things), I have seen CGC 9.6 copies with larger dust shadows, especially with Golden Age books doh!

Never notices the FF fighting Sandman, Magneto, Medusa & Paste Pot Pete in one issue! lol

Actually this joke is spot on: the delightful taste in color schemes of the day (probably due to George Roussos?) makes the costumes of the Frightful Four close to the unusual similar coloring in that Journey into Mystery #109, which given the overall great taste I would credit to the same colorist. (thumbs u

The colors are awesome. (thumbs u