• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

R.I.P. Wes Craven

17 posts in this topic

This is the third thread I've seen about this. Goes to show how much of an influence Wes was. RIP buddy.

This is the official thread. There may be others but this is the one you want to be posting in. The others are cheap imitations of this one.

RIP WES. Loved Nightmare and thought the Scream series was very creative.

This is the third thread I've seen about this. Goes to show how much of an influence Wes was. RIP buddy.

This is the official thread. There may be others but this is the one you want to be posting in. The others are cheap imitations of this one.

Kinda like the superfluous amount of cheap imitations of Nightmare on Elm Street?

Official and sponsord by New Diet Pepsi ;)

6g8lue.jpg

Great creative genius.

Created two iconic characters.

R.I.P.

nightmare-on-elm-street-freddy-krueger-movie-tin-sign.jpg

1346794676_scream1.jpg

You should read Wade Davis's book.

I first discovered Craven, through his TV movies in the late 70's/early 80's, before home video showed me Elm Street and Last House, People Under The Stairs. Loved Red Eye and the Screams, and Rainbow permanently made me afraid of brides.

RIP, Wes. I'll miss you, but I'll have your films to watch on those late Saturday nights.

Don't forget the guilty pleasure known as "Deadly Friend" ;)

That basketball through the head scene still holds up.

Sweet Kristy Swanson :D

Oh and also "SHOCKER" whoo hoo fun times :D

xxx ooo

Rupp

Yet, Swamp Thing's rubber body costume does not age so well, everytime he moves. I still get the willies looking at though, mainly because I'm allergic to latex. Just read the longest celebrity obit in my NH paper on him today (two long columns). Way to go Wes! He really define the horror genre. He didn't need an award to know that. I totally forgot he directed Music of the Heart.