• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BLOB's get my car out of garage jail thread....Hero for Hire 1, SW 1, SA keys...

42 posts in this topic

$600 in allegedly needed repairs to pass inspection. I need my car back, but I just paid the mortgage and several other big bills, so I am tapped out until I get paid next week and no more putting everything on credit cards (not that I think I have that much credit nowadays...)

Paypal preferred, with payment by 6:30 p.m. Thursday so that I can go home and pick my car up after work.

$5 shipping in the USA. No media mail, don't worry! Flat rate international priority to Canada/Europe, etc. $60 purchase gets free U.S. shipping and a $5 credit toward international shipping.

My scanner, which is my office copier nowadays, tends to make light back covers look darker than they really are. Also, I see that when in he mylar there is a lot of reflection going on at the edges.

As for returns, I have been selling here a while. If you have a concern, I will take care of things. I am not looking to scam anyone. I can't guarantee I will have the money immediately though, but I will get it.

---------------------------------------

First up is a gorgeous Justice League of American 32, 1st Brainstorm. I grade this as NM/9.4. This may be one of the only NM or better pre-1965 SA book I own as I have sold off my slabs. 9.4 slabs are listed on ebay in the $500s, but nothing high grade has sold recently. This came out of a group of high grade JLAs I bought from a collector about 15 years ago. I believe I sold a gorgeous #22 out of this group to Foolkiller (darn PMs don't have a search function) a few years back, so I assume if it came back restored he would have let me know. My scanner makes the back look darker than it really is and I was afraid to take it out of its mylar, so there is some reflection going on, particularly on the bottom right corner, which is sharp and intact. NM- 2014 OPG is $225. I would like $215. I should get this slabbed, but I just don't have the loot right now for that.

jla32_zpsrzopztwc.jpg

jla32back_zpspc1usa3x.jpg

SOLD Next up is a Hero for Hire #1 that I grade as a VG/Fine. This book is exploding. Here is a similar copy that sold for $200:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LUKE-CAGE-HERO-FOR-HIRE-1-/321841876673?hash=item4aef454ec1&nma=true&si=KUqzeuY1N3h3OIqHQO0ji9gXqt4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I am looking for $125 and will include a low/mid grade copy of #49 (which I don't have scanned, but is actually structurally nicer than this one, there is just a magic marker mark on the cover), a key issue in the Power Man/Iron Fist team-up history.

luke1_zpsxzsmrn3p.jpg

luke1back_zps9zph2by5.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------

sold Next up is a Teen Titans 1 I grade at a Fine+. I would like $110 for it.

teen1_zps6wo87gjx.jpg

--------------------------

And here is a Flash 129 I grade at a Good+ because it is detached at the bottom staple and it will not take a lot to detach it from the top staple, so be careful reading it! I would like $20 please.

flash129_zps5xjau5hv.jpg

flash129back_zpsxsy5t5na.jpg

----------------------

SOLD NM copy of Captain America 217. 1st Marvel Boy/Quasar. I would like $25.

cap217_zpsphbdll8r.jpg

cap217back_zpsf9epzsgb.jpg

-------------------------

SOLD Lower grade (3.0) copy of Detective 474, 1st Deadshot. I would have said VG+, but there is a little piece of tape on the back covering a small chip out of the back cover. I don't know where the back cover scan went. $15.

detective474_zpswtqjlzci.jpg

----------------------

SOLD Forever People 1. 1st full Darkseid. VF. I would like $80.

foreverpeople1_zpsxmz0hpe7.jpg

foreverpeople1back_zpsp9s9uxhp.jpg

SOLD Next up is a gorgeous 9.4-9.6 copy of She Hulk 1, her 1st appearance. I would like $37,

shehulk1_zpsk4ahwkbw.jpg

shehulk1back_zpsqztgexwd.jpg

-------------

Iron Fist 15. MARK JEWELERS. VF+ from the front, but on the back a water stain. $10.

if15_zpsl6c0olzj.jpg

if15back_zpsars3ye0g.jpg

OK, some more before I run to work:

sold Detective 435. A nice tight copy. I grade it as a VF/NM trending toward NM- and an ebay NM/Mint. :-) I would like $25:

detective435_zps1ynfpuv6.jpg

detective435back_zpsxtoroyiw.jpg

-------------

sold Black Cat 3. Golden Age goodness, although this copy is trashed, with obvious damage on the outside and some pieces out of the sides of some pages that does not impact the story. For some reason my scanner cut off part of the back cover, but what is not shown is just as low grade as what is shown. The cover is somehow still attached. Fair. I would like $25. A coverless copy recently sold for $10.50 for what it's worth.

black3_zpsq7h18g1r.jpg

black3back_zpshjyeorps.jpg

SOLD Star Wars 1. Fine/Fine+. $60.

sw1_zpskaqtdffl.jpg

---------------------------------------

SOLD Solar Man of the Atom. 1st Dr. Hirada. A 9.6-9.8 type copy. $28.

solar3_zpsfcs0rdav.jpg

solar3back_zpsc8nsfcut.jpg

--------------

SOLD Solar 60. HTF last issue. Also a 9.6-9.8 type book. $10

solar60_zpsnwdgpluq.jpg

solar60back_zpss8zjlz5p.jpg

OK, last ones before I leave

Thor 337, hot again. VF+. $20

thor337_zpspuq7x9ye.jpg

thor337back_zps2sxkha0n.jpg

------------------------

Ms. Marvel 23. Last issue of the series and probably the least common. GOTG appearance too. VF. $12

msmarvel23_zpslocbrmhr.jpg

msmarvel23back_zpsl2xagyhs.jpg