• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Possible grade for my Hulk 181

15 posts in this topic

With being so beat up you could avoid the Qualified Green Label

and choose to have to have it graded Universal.

It's interesting because it's so badly beat up that I believe it would

receive a .5 Universal and, in theory, would have received a .5 Qualified label.

First let me say I do not like the term "beat up", lets say "well read".

We are all collectors here of old paper books that were not originally intended to be collected so not all books are going to be high grade.

I myself have lots of lower grade reading copies of early/expensive books so be proud of what you have.

A low grade PR 0.5 - FR/GD 1.5 copy is ALWAYS better than no copy at all.

Right now there is an auction in progress for an Incredible Hulk 181 which appears to be a FR/GD 1.5 - GD- 1.8 just like yours and with 3 days still left it is at $202.50 and had a $0.99 starting bid.

Thanks everyone. I was going to sell it but doubt I'd get back what I spent on it. I over paid a bit I guess as the person who sold it to me said its get a 2.5 -3.0 without the mvp. They apparently deal at conventions and what not so I belueved them as I'm still trying to become a better grader myself and didn't want to pass up a chance to own a copy of this comic. Bad move on my part I guess. They say you learn from your mistakes so I don't think I'll be rushing into any sales anymore.

Thanks everyone. I was going to sell it but doubt I'd get back what I spent on it. I over paid a bit I guess as the person who sold it to me said its get a 2.5 -3.0 without the mvp. They apparently deal at conventions and what not so I belueved them as I'm still trying to become a better grader myself and didn't want to pass up a chance to own a copy of this comic. Bad move on my part I guess. They say you learn from your mistakes so I don't think I'll be rushing into any sales anymore.

Here, let me help you feel better...In 1980 I sold a 9.2 X-men #1 to a comic shop for $40...half of guide at the time... :sorry:

Don't even think about your mistake, just move on and be thankful you didn't do what i did...

Right now there is an auction in progress for an Incredible Hulk 181 which appears to be a FR/GD 1.5 - GD- 1.8 just like yours and with 3 days still left it is at $202.50 and had a $0.99 starting bid.

Yep. I'd say this is a 1.5 and will do very well at auction. (thumbs u