• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GGA for Labor Day! Blue Beetle #54 CGC 5.5 OW/W - CLOSED

11 posts in this topic

Just a one-slab thread...

- General Rules:

• No PL/HOS members, or any other questionable/undesirable characters at my judgment. Aside from that, the first taker wins, whether in the thread or via PM, based on time stamp. Don't assume that a book is yours until I confirm;
  • In PMs, a book is taken as of the instant that terms have been agreed to by both me and the buyer. I'll mark books SOLD in the thread as soon as reasonably possible;
  • If I put a book ON HOLD in the thread, the book is not available for purchase by anyone else until the books comes OFF HOLD...therefore, I'll ignore any thread posts or PMs related to a book ON HOLD until the book comes OFF HOLD (i.e., there's no "queuing up" for a held book); in other words, if discussions break down on a held book, I'll post OFF HOLD in the thread, and then we'll start again from there.

- Payment: I'll take PayPal, personal checks, or USPS money orders; happy to contemplate time payments - PM me to discuss.

- Shipping:

• USA: shipping is via double boxed priority mail, included in price;
  • Canada, UK or Australia: because of value, I'd rather keep this one in the USA...but, if you must have it and are willing to pay shipping + insurance, PM me first and we can discuss to see if I'm comfortable with the shipping situation

- Return Policy: I'll accept returns in the same condition as received for a full refund of the book price within two weeks from the date that USPS tracking shows that the book was delivered to you. However, because it's a slab, I will not refund shipping charges, and you must pay return shipping to get the book back to me for the refund. After two weeks, no returns for any reason.

For what it's worth, you can check out my kudos thread HERE

PM me with any questions. Thanks for looking!

Ed

Sales data are pretty thin...

The last recorded GPA sale was in this grade ballpark, and was in January of this year - that sale was for a 5.0 copy with CR/OW pages, with a cracked case, for $2,180.

How about my copy, a 5.5 with OW/W pages, without the case crack, for about the same price LESS: $2,200 $2,100 (USA shipping included)

Better grade, better pages, better case, "same" less money. :idea:

bb54_f_zps8f565487.jpg

bb54_r.jpg

Also...I bought it slabbed, so I don't know whether it has been pressed.

Here are the CGC grader notes:

Bottom Front Cover Multiple Interior Stain

Front Cover Wear All Edges

Front Cover Wear All Corners

Back Cover Wear All Corners

Back Cover Wear All Edges

hm

Oh, Danny boy

The pipes, the pipes are calling :baiting:

From glen to glen

And down the mountainside

--Frederic Weatherly

I'm just gonna say it - best GGA cover there is. LOVE it. I've already got one and I still am thinking about it...

hm

Oh, Danny boy

The pipes, the pipes are calling :baiting:

From glen to glen

And down the mountainside

--Frederic Weatherly

I'm just gonna say it - best GGA cover there is. LOVE it. I've already got one and I still am thinking about it...

This is a great choice for a hoard book :D

Thanks for all the comments, fellas!

So, I suppose you all might get a kick out of seeing this listed for less than that Jan. '15 5.0 sale price, huh? hm Well, we'll see what tomorrow brings.... zzz

So, I suppose you all might get a kick out of seeing this listed for less than that Jan. '15 5.0 sale price, huh? hm Well, we'll see what tomorrow brings.... zzz

Alright...you want it cheaper than the 5.0...you got it! :grin:

PRICE DROP to $2,100 (USA shipping still included)

:bump:

Perhaps the end collector I seek is not among us this holiday weekend. No worries...after a couple more bumps, I shall return her to my collection and try again some other time.

If it helps, I'm always happy to consider trades for golden age motorcycle covers or sweet ECs (especially pre-trend titles)

(also, if you offer to pay me via check or money order, we can knock off another $60 from the price :gossip: )

EDIT: actually, no more bumps. Labor day is basically over, and so's this thread. Back to the closet with her!