• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone here collect artist proofs from Alex Sinclair?

10 posts in this topic

The true 1 of 1 proofs - I've got a page from Justice League #3 where I bought the original Jim Lee / Williams pencils/inks as well. It's a panel page, and was my first piece of OA that wasn't a sketch cover - I don't regret it or anything, but it's also not my all time favorite. It's one I could afford from a story I liked (frame below).

I've also got a great variant of Superman 204 which was a 10 print run and his original coloring of Batman 612 (didn't get used on the printed cover - was very red in hue instead of the more traditional blue that got used).

The prints are beautiful, but my best/favorite stuff from him is the hand color work I've commissioned - a Supergirl sketch cover, several Lee prints of the justice league, etc.

7C5991EF-D041-48EE-8E58-296A2A4B6C71_zpsgegxdzwt.jpg

I bought one of Alex's AP's last year and I was really happy with the purchase. I want to get 1 or 2 more, but I need wallspace to properly show them off. As an aside, his regular prints are a really good value. The print quality is better than what is normally found at other artist booths. It also doesn't hurt that Alex is an awesome artist and all-around nice guy.

I bought one of Alex's AP's last year and I was really happy with the purchase. I want to get 1 or 2 more, but I need wallspace to properly show them off. As an aside, his regular prints are a really good value. The print quality is better than what is normally found at other artist booths. It also doesn't hurt that Alex is an awesome artist and all-around nice guy.

You wouldn't happen to have the cover to superman unchained 8 would you? He said he sold it and I really regret not buying it earlier.

You wouldn't happen to have the cover to superman unchained 8 would you? He said he sold it and I really regret not buying it earlier.

Nope, that was not me. The print I bought was a Batman one. If it makes you feel any better, I missed out on the AP of Batman 619 by about a week. My regular print will have to do for now :/

He's a busy dude, but I've purchased from him by contacting him outside a con. He does usually have a great selection of recent stuff at cons though and that's the best way to look.

He prices in line with the popularity of a piece - low end for a random page might be $100-200 - all the way up into 4 figures for some of the really coveted stuff I would think (trying to remember what I've seen at his booth and I can't actually recall if I've seen prints break $1,000 or not).