• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Preacher #66

11 posts in this topic

Forgive me for posting this link, but I don't feel like uploading ELEVEN snap shots onto Photobucket.......so,the pics can be seen here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201422908291?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I put this book at a 9.8 and I am confident in my assessment, some feedback would be appreciated.

FTR, the book HAS been pressed.

It had a few NCB spine tics on the spine, before I pressed it.

I did humidify the book before I pressed it so when it is sold and if the buyer has it slabbed........paper memory won't rear it's head and leave the buyer with a shoddy press job, and a lower grade ;\)

There is one spine tic, around the center, that was too deep set to be fully pressed out but it was largely removed.....and it breaks color in a sliver of a spot...like 1/75th of an inch.

The spine is solid...a very minimal amount of "vertigo fuzziness".NO splitting or any sort of faint separation (otherwise I wouldn't have bothered), the fuzziness is mostly a byproduct of humidification.

No rubbing/stacking transfer issues, no dry cleaning was done at all.

No bindery tears, either \(thumbs u

EDIT:

FC & BC scans added, can be seen here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201428422852?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

PREACHER #66 Steve Dillon Signature....with ideal placement on the front cover; unobtrusive to Dillon's cover artwork NM/MT 9.8 White Pages Final Issue of Title I have submitted 100's of books to CGC over the past decade, and have over 30 years experience as a dealer/collector....that said, I know how to properly assess grades. ***This book****.... is a SOLID NM/MT 9.8....lays flat, never been read...a gem of a book. Steve Dillon's signature is not easily obtained, he RARELY attends comic cons.This is evident when looking at he ratio of Dillon signatures on Preacher books in relation to either Garth Ennis or Glenn Fabry...... Steve Dillon's signature is about ONE for every TEN. That disclosed.....this Preacher #66 is is an *IDEAL* book to be submitted to CBCS via their Verified Signature Program.We absolutely GUARANTEE the Steve Dillon signature to be authentic, it was personally witnessed. This book will be shipped, bagged and boarded in a Standard size Mylite2 with TWO Gerber Standard size Full Back Boards for a snug fit......then sheathed in a Silver/Gold sized Mylite 2 & Silver/Gold size Gerber Full Back board........placed in a bubblewrap mailer and then further surrounded in bubblewrap.......and SHIPPED in a 4 WALL CARDBOARD BOX, to ensure safe delivery. 14 DAY RETURN POLICY, 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED. ............WE OFFER BOMBPROOF/USPS insufficiently_thoughtful_person PROOF SHIPPING ON EVERY ORDER THAT WE FILL :) ***** Why should you deal with us? Other than looking at our 100% POSITIVE FEEDBACK rating as an eBay seller, which details how accurate our grading is, as well as the care we take in correctly packaging books for shipment in order for them to be "MAILMAN SAFE"..........We have over 30 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE in the hobby, not only as dealers but COLLECTORS as well.That said, we are able to accurately asses a book's grade AAAAND we know how it feels to receive books that have been loosely graded. In two words, THAT'S HORRIBLE.. .....that emphatically stated, we do NOT subject our customers to poor shipping practices nor do we play "fast and loose" with grading standards. We do not ship ANY comics that we sell in INFERIOR mailing envelopes.That's right......unlike the majority of self proclaimed "Comic Dealers" on eBay,...that includes a handful of Overstreet advisors, as well.......we ship out comics just as if they were being shipped to CGC/CBCS for grading. We do **NOT*** slap 2 sheets of cardboard around a comic, cover the sandwiched cardboard sheets with a dozen odd feet of mailing tape (thereby either compressing the spine and/or sticking to the bagged & boarded comic....requiring a razor blade, frustrating surgical operation to remove the comic without damaging the book).Doing so is like playing Russian roulette with the safe delivery of comics.Whenever we buy comics off eBay, we always include a note requesting a quote for boxed shipping.Wouldn't it be nice if you didn't have to do that ...and a seller naturally applied as much diligent care to his shipping method as he does to promptly cashing your Paypal funds? Riiiight....we think so, too.....AND that is why we we do NOT ship out comics like careless insufficiently_thoughtful_persons :) As if that was not enough.......we back everything we sell with a 14 day 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED RETURN POLICY. Don't see what you want?We very well may have the books you're looking for.....and if we don't, we offer a WANT LIST SERVICE.Send us an message with your want list or drop us a PM over on the CGC forums under our CGC forum user name: TheCopperAgeKids.

I guess you've never heard of a paragraph . . . :grin:

PREACHER #66 Steve Dillon Signature....with ideal placement on the front cover; unobtrusive to Dillon's cover artwork NM/MT 9.8 White Pages Final Issue of Title I have submitted 100's of books to CGC over the past decade, and have over 30 years experience as a dealer/collector....that said, I know how to properly assess grades. ***This book****.... is a SOLID NM/MT 9.8....lays flat, never been read...a gem of a book. Steve Dillon's signature is not easily obtained, he RARELY attends comic cons.This is evident when looking at he ratio of Dillon signatures on Preacher books in relation to either Garth Ennis or Glenn Fabry...... Steve Dillon's signature is about ONE for every TEN. That disclosed.....this Preacher #66 is is an *IDEAL* book to be submitted to CBCS via their Verified Signature Program.We absolutely GUARANTEE the Steve Dillon signature to be authentic, it was personally witnessed. This book will be shipped, bagged and boarded in a Standard size Mylite2 with TWO Gerber Standard size Full Back Boards for a snug fit......then sheathed in a Silver/Gold sized Mylite 2 & Silver/Gold size Gerber Full Back board........placed in a bubblewrap mailer and then further surrounded in bubblewrap.......and SHIPPED in a 4 WALL CARDBOARD BOX, to ensure safe delivery. 14 DAY RETURN POLICY, 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED. ............WE OFFER BOMBPROOF/USPS insufficiently_thoughtful_person PROOF SHIPPING ON EVERY ORDER THAT WE FILL :) ***** Why should you deal with us? Other than looking at our 100% POSITIVE FEEDBACK rating as an eBay seller, which details how accurate our grading is, as well as the care we take in correctly packaging books for shipment in order for them to be "MAILMAN SAFE"..........We have over 30 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE in the hobby, not only as dealers but COLLECTORS as well.That said, we are able to accurately asses a book's grade AAAAND we know how it feels to receive books that have been loosely graded. In two words, THAT'S HORRIBLE.. .....that emphatically stated, we do NOT subject our customers to poor shipping practices nor do we play "fast and loose" with grading standards. We do not ship ANY comics that we sell in INFERIOR mailing envelopes.That's right......unlike the majority of self proclaimed "Comic Dealers" on eBay,...that includes a handful of Overstreet advisors, as well.......we ship out comics just as if they were being shipped to CGC/CBCS for grading. We do **NOT*** slap 2 sheets of cardboard around a comic, cover the sandwiched cardboard sheets with a dozen odd feet of mailing tape (thereby either compressing the spine and/or sticking to the bagged & boarded comic....requiring a razor blade, frustrating surgical operation to remove the comic without damaging the book).Doing so is like playing Russian roulette with the safe delivery of comics.Whenever we buy comics off eBay, we always include a note requesting a quote for boxed shipping.Wouldn't it be nice if you didn't have to do that ...and a seller naturally applied as much diligent care to his shipping method as he does to promptly cashing your Paypal funds? Riiiight....we think so, too.....AND that is why we we do NOT ship out comics like careless insufficiently_thoughtful_persons :) As if that was not enough.......we back everything we sell with a 14 day 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED RETURN POLICY. Don't see what you want?We very well may have the books you're looking for.....and if we don't, we offer a WANT LIST SERVICE.Send us an message with your want list or drop us a PM over on the CGC forums under our CGC forum user name: TheCopperAgeKids.

I guess you've never heard of a paragraph . . . :grin:

Yeah, that blurb pretty much sucks.

When I list book, I just copy/paste my usual generic info/shipping details,return policy etc and have the fonts all nice and big, laid out well.Then I'll change the description's particulars up to fit the book I'm listing.

Then I edit the listing on my cell to add pics and whamm-o...

I end up with this condensed , eyesore of a description that just looks.........wetahted

I actually re-edited the listing, with correct spacing, bolded larger fonts and all BUUUUUT it still shows up as one , h'yuuuuge run on sentence-esque of a description.

This only happens when I add the pics without waiting for a few minutes.

As of now, the listing is not changeable....GROAN.

Now, with that subpar layout, I just look like a hack and the book will garner less interest.

Awesome!!!!

Finally got around to scanning the FC & BC....and was unable to add any pics b/c I had 18 pics in my que.....but only 8 in the listing.

So I cancelled the 2 bids and ended the listing, ...............and added FC & BC scans.

I think it's a 9.8 :hi:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201428422852?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649