• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: ASM 300

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I was going to put on ebay but wanted to get some thoughts on this book, specifially how much does that white spot affect grade. Looks like ink loss, like a production flaw or something, not really sure. Sorry about pics and lighting, I don't have a scanner. Thanks.

780B7F65-0082-4313-891A-B6E8C72DC413_zps6xepxrvs.jpg

78671EF7-ACCC-4BF0-AB97-07C9CA4F603D_zpskctc1evo.jpg

Edit - additional pic of spine

332D4C83-56D0-442B-A7F9-F7ACD1391373_zpshjw27csq.jpg

9.0-9.2

My guess is a tape pull. Someone sticky was taken off and removed the paper. However, if it is a printing flaw it would be higher. I did a search of images on google and I did not see anything remotely similar. Good Luck. I can't find much wrong with the copy otherwise. Maybe a little something on the top of the comic on the back cover but nothing really.

That looks like a really bad scuff to me... I would picture a tape pull as having more of a uniform level of distress, rather than it looking like someone scribbled on that area with a needle (which may have happened! :P )

What's interesting is that its right on the middle of the spine, on the most raised part of the roll.

Whatever it is, at the end of the day it equates to heavy damage to the cover. Definitely not a production error.

That scuff, some funky corners, a couple fingerprints, some cb hairline spine fractures... I'm seeing something strange going on with the front cover opposite-spine-side edge. Can you post up a close shot of that? Looks like some sort of perforation along the open edge (bottom 1/4th of that edge seems to be the worst of it).

That looks like a really bad scuff to me... I would picture a tape pull as having more of a uniform level of distress, rather than it looking like someone scribbled on that area with a needle (which may have happened! :P )

What's interesting is that its right on the middle of the spine, on the most raised part of the roll.

Whatever it is, at the end of the day it equates to heavy damage to the cover. Definitely not a production error.

That scuff, some funky corners, a couple fingerprints, some cb hairline spine fractures... I'm seeing something strange going on with the front cover opposite-spine-side edge. Can you post up a close shot of that? Looks like some sort of perforation along the open edge (bottom 1/4th of that edge seems to be the worst of it).

Thanks for the input. I'm not too worry about right side, looks like that due to angle of pic, I took pic upside down then flipped. It does look weird but it's not like that while holding book. I looked at other copies on eBay just to make sure and a bunch of them have miscuts, or just bad cuts on the edges, seems to be normal with this book.