• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prime example of an angle-cut Daredevil #1

8 posts in this topic

The slicers at Marvel's printer were really out of wack the month they cranked out Daredevil #1 and Fantastic Four #25...right-edge cuts like the one on this CGC 9.4 copy of Daredevil 1 up for sale on E-Bay right now are quite common, although this one is a bit more angled than usual:

dare1.jpg

No point really. This isn't any allusion to Hammer's thread on the Avengers #2...just trying to further establish that Marvel's printing was off on comics with the April 1964 date.

I do have something to say now that I think about it...I have trouble considering this kind of angle cut a 9.4. I've passed on a bunch of copies of FF #67 due to this kind of angle cut being common on that issue. I wonder what the max grade CGC would assign to a book like this is.

That's one ugly 9.4!

That's probably why he upgraded. This seller is the same guy that bought Mark Wilson's copy last week for just under 15K. Obviously, he was looking for a nicer 9.4.

I have trouble considering this kind of angle cut a 9.4.

Have to agree with you there. I have a real problem with the way CGC almost seems to ignore these kind of printing defects when assigning a grade.

This problem is much more prevalent with Bronze age books, I have seen some awful mis-cut/mis-wrapped books recieving grades as high as 9.6. crazy.gif