• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Web of Horror Magazine - Cover Gallery - Kaluta - Jeff Jones - Bernie Wrightson

47 posts in this topic

I just won a Heritage lot that has a FN or so copy of that mag in it. Overstreet says it is Wrightson's first published cover. Pretty damned good for a first cover. Cannot wait to get it.

Nice pickup. sumo.gif Be sure to post them when they arrive and/or sell me the 23. poke2.gif

They look pretty beat, but not a bad deal for 14 books. I need to see Mother Toad's face!!!!

Nice pickup. sumo.gif Be sure to post them when they arrive and/or sell me the 23. poke2.gif

They look pretty beat, but not a bad deal for 14 books. I need to see Mother Toad's face!!!!

Were they an average of fine, as advertised? Is the Mother Toad story done by Wrightson? I think that's reprinted in Reaper of Love or Master of the Macabre, because I know I have read it. I haven't gotten my number 2 yet...

Were they an average of fine, as advertised? Is the Mother Toad story done by Wrightson? I think that's reprinted in Reaper of Love or Master of the Macabre, because I know I have read it. I haven't gotten my number 2 yet...

It just ended last night. I already paid, so I should get them later in the week or early next. I also got this ( sign-offtopic.gif ) for guide:

15081001070o.jpg

And there's a ton of cool art ending in a couple of days... juggle.giffrustrated.gif

I love to see WoH get continued attention. Absolutely great series. One of my all time faves. thumbsup2.gif

Have I said this before?! insane.gif

It the best 3 issue run I can think of. Anyone have an extra #1 in VF- or better to complete my set? poke2.gif

The WOH books ended up being on the lower condition end of the lot. A couple of the Creepys were VFish (neither of the Frazetta cover mags were VF either). I was happy with the lot being advertised as FN. For $4 a book, it was worth it. Lots of cool stuff to look at.

Also, I just got "The Mutants" by Berni Wrightson published by Mother of Pearl. It looks to be from the 80s. Anyone have any more info? Looks to be all reprints - including the Mother Toad story from WOH. Also has that HOM Dollar comic cover (swamp alien or something?) by him and some other stuff I recognize. Cool stuff - all B&W.

Also, I just got "The Mutants" by Berni Wrightson published by Mother of Pearl. It looks to be from the 80s. Anyone have any more info? Looks to be all reprints - including the Mother Toad story from WOH.

Nice pickup on the mags. thumbsup2.gif

They are all reprints. Everything in "The Mutants" is also reprinted in "Reaper of Love" and "Master of the Macabre" 1-5.

I decided to give Neatstuff another shot, since this mag is pretty rare, in decent shape, and the price was right (especially with free shipping). I hope the wait is less than the two months it took last time. Christo_pull_hair.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWN:IT

Well, I got the book today, and I am a little disappointed. At first glance it looks like the 6.5 grade they gave it, but there is a 1/2" x 3" waterstain along the top right edge that is somewhat hard to see. Check it out and give me opinions on what I should do. Return it?

woh2.jpg