• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC tickets question

6 posts in this topic

I bought NYCC tickets from someone online and when i got it the paper it came with said that you can just go online and say you lost your ticket and get a new one.. well i asked NYCC support and after a back and forth they said that theoretically the seller could just call them up tell them they lost the ticket and get a new one.. voiding my ticket. So basically buy ticket, sell ticket, paid for new ticket and pocket difference.

Has anyone had this issue? Any way I can prevent this? NYCC support told me i wont be notified

No you wont. And that is why if I were buying a ticket I would only use Stubhub as they guarantee their purchases form those types of things.

I can verify that I had a similar experience last year as a couple of the NYC boardies knew about it.

I've been around NYC all my life. I am above average when it comes to street smarts. While getting in line I put the tag around my neck. Someone bumped me and next thing I know my tag was gone.

As the original buyer and registrant of the NYCC ticket, I went over to the NYCC CSR tables and told them of my dilemma. They looked up my card, asked for some ID and verified that I was the original owner of the pass. I received a new one within minutes for what I believe was a handling fee of $10? $5?

They replaced my badge right then and there and voided out the old one. So whoever took it would not have been able to get back into the show if they had even entered at all by that point.