• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Double Take Comics

42 posts in this topic

This is a story that unfolds in "Evans County, Pennsylvania" and each of the 10 books is based in a different location within that county. I managed to read 2 of the 10 books ahead of release and was wowed enough to reserve all 10 books. It reads very much like a movie -script. (thumbs u

I'm intrigued with this story format, its going to be a bit hard to read unless you can commit to buying that many books at once.

I've suggested (on deaf ears I'm sure) that a "reading order" be printed out and handed out.

First issues are only $2.50, and the 10-pack is $20, so not so bad. Will give them a try. The fact that there's a major gaming company behind the series suggests to me (if plans haven't already been revealed) that this will tie in to some other entertainment.

I'm intrigued with this story format, its going to be a bit hard to read unless you can commit to buying that many books at once.

I've suggested (on deaf ears I'm sure) that a "reading order" be printed out and handed out.

First issues are only $2.50, and the 10-pack is $20, so not so bad. Will give them a try. The fact that there's a major gaming company behind the series suggests to me (if plans haven't already been revealed) that this will tie in to some other entertainment.

Ah forgot its Take Two related, I will give it a shot. I must say though gaming and comics have never been the best bed fellows when, much like gaming and movies.

Uness your names Joe Mad.

The bargain is the Double Take Collectors Box Hundy for $102 free shipping from Midtown. 10 sets of all 10 comics. They have 21 left! Of course, if it is a flop, you might have a few laying around for a few years.....

To me given their lineage and also the format/way in which all the books are ready now they were the prime candidates for alternative methods such as USB distribution, or a pre-loaded cheap tablet. Surprising there's no "omnibus" yet either. Will wait to hear what friends and you lot say before buying. Sadly they were bottom shelf at the LCS and getting very little action.

I really liked the premise behind these books.

They are cheap $2.50.

The story is set around Night of the Living Dead.

They have a neat map in the book to tell you where each story takes place.

They sold out here locally with me buying the last copy of each. For $2.50 each I bought the whole set..

This should be interesting to watch.

I think you are right. I could see it easily. I have to give them credit for how they market the books with the map on the inside covers.

I'm actually quite behind these books doing well (granted I've read just 2 issues) but I like the overall model, and seems like its got legs to do some cool things universe wise.

However, given that they have the backing they do I really feel like the marketing push could have been stronger. I've been to several LCS around London, horrible shelf placement, almost know staff were all that excited about the books (not that they have to be, but boy did I hear about every last new book Valiant had during the summer of Valiant.)

Finally sat down and organized the books ,according to the date/time in the first panel, then read them all. I really enjoyed the story and pacing. The art wasn't always consistent across the titles but it didn't detract too much from the story itself. I liked that they didn't "Marvel" the books and actually used good quality paper stock. Even bought an additional sealed 10-pack. Definitely had a "NIght of the Living Dead" vibe but with an "ENORMOUS" upside :grin:

see what I did there.... :kidaround:

Sold out at 2 LCS..... :ohnoez:

Yeah, I see. You caught my interest and so does Bill Jemas. I bought a set to try. Are all 10 of these books ongoing ?

Btw, I absolutely love the cover art on a few of these. :wishluck: for a good story.

They are all ongoing. Here's a quote:

"I absolutely wanted a shared universe where creators could have freedom and some sense of creative community," Jemas told the Daily News. "That was the part of Marvel I didn't know I would miss so much. I didn't know I would miss the fun and comradery of that fun setup with spectacularly creative people.

"But I didn't want a 'me too' book. I didn't want books that felt and sounded and looked live everybody else's books."

linky...

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/bill-jemas-ex-marvel-publisher-takes-bite-zombies-article-1.2361962