• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gambit loses its Director (Time for Fox to throw in the towel?)

59 posts in this topic

images%2Farticle%2F2015%2F04%2F20%2FChanningTatumVerySad.gif

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/channing-tatums-gambit-movie-loses-823992

One source told The Hollywood Reporter that a changing -script caused the film's budget to be larger than expected, extending the shoot, and prompting the push.

I know Fox was very excited about the prospect of moving away from the X-Franchise somewhat (especially as they are losing J-Law) to have the Gambit and Deadpool movies be tentpoles.

We're far from being red-alert, all hands on deck disaster, but yet another issue regarding a director and the Fox/Marvel folks has paranoid me thinking it might be time for some major re-structuring at Fox's Marvel branch.

Deadpool will be a hit, but everything I've read seems it was realtively hands off when it comes to the studio.

Forgive me, feel free to delete. Its early...

you know how to delete comments. stop acting like you haven't joined these boards before

Can he delete them? I thought once someone posts in the thread, the posts are Symbiotically connected.

Forgive me, feel free to delete. Its early...

you know how to delete comments. stop acting like you haven't joined these boards before

Can he delete them? I thought once someone posts in the thread, the posts are Symbiotically connected.

giphy.gif

I think this movie is a bad idea. Just my opinion.
Has anyone said "FOX should sell the rights back to Disney" yet? If not, I want to christen the thread with that one. (thumbs u

O000oooo, Emma Frost in Frozen 2 (no wait! Frozen Too!) . :whee:

I'm not there, yet! I just think the cheracter himself ain't too interesting.

Anna Paquin Confirms That She Won't Appear As 'Rogue' In The GAMBIT Movie

Fox had the chance to right some of those wrongs by making Rogue a main character in the Gambit movie and bringing one of the most popular superhero love stories to the screen while they were at it, but if the following Tweet from the former True Blood actress is anything to go by, that's not gonna happen.

FCHEgWq.jpg