• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1941 Remaindered / Giant comic - help?

5 posts in this topic

I was at a big flea market today, and in a box of ratty, coverless comics I picked one up that was square-bound and contained most of an old issue of Crack Comics and Marvel Mystery Comics bound together. Besides the cover, the first 8 pages of the Black Condor (Crack) and last 4 pages of the Angel story (MMC) are missing. Once I got home I was able to determine that the issues are Crack 14 and Marvel Mystery 21, both originally cover dated July, 1941.

On the spine of the comic (which is also partially gone) I believe it reads "The Biggest Comic Book Printed" with 'Biggest' in red letters.

Does anyone have any idea what this is, or what the cover may have looked like when it had one? I am not familiar with any of these bound comics that combined books from different publishers... Whatever it is, it looks like it will provide a lot of good reading for the $5 I paid!

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Ed

I was at a big flea market today, and in a box of ratty, coverless comics I picked one up that was square-bound and contained most of an old issue of Crack Comics and Marvel Mystery Comics bound together. Besides the cover, the first 8 pages of the Black Condor (Crack) and last 4 pages of the Angel story (MMC) are missing. Once I got home I was able to determine that the issues are Crack 14 and Marvel Mystery 21, both originally cover dated July, 1941.

On the spine of the comic (which is also partially gone) I believe it reads "The Biggest Comic Book Printed" with 'Biggest' in red letters.

Does anyone have any idea what this is, or what the cover may have looked like when it had one? I am not familiar with any of these bound comics that combined books from different publishers... Whatever it is, it looks like it will provide a lot of good reading for the $5 I paid!

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Ed

I thought it might be Double Comics

16650142658_8b688fef94_c.jpg

The biggest comic book printed for 10 cents

21333031219_b832a0e390_b.jpg

I thought it might be Double Comics

Man, you are quick! :applause::headbang::applause:

I had the Detective Box out and I remembered reading the Overstreet note about Double Comics content. Long term memory is still good but the short term memory needs a little reinforcement these days.