• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you make of this?

15 posts in this topic

I think some "lucky bidder" is going to be unhappy

I think it is appropriate that the seller wears "WHITE GLOVES TO REMOVE ALL ITEMS FOR SCANNING FROM AN ARCHIVAL ACID-FREE NON PVC HIGH CLARITY POLYPROPYLENE PRINT PROTECTORS THEN REPLACED."

"IF THIS ITEM WAS DRAWN IN THE YEAR 2000/2001 OR MANY YEARS BEFORE I DO NOT KNOW." The seller should add "IF THIS WAS PRINTED OUT LAST WEEK I DO KNOW."

This eBay add looks familiar. I think this seller has been discussed before. I just can't find the thread right now.

Asking the seller a question now with a link to CAF :gossip:

The seller usually takes images from the latest auction houses. It usually looks like a print pasted onto comic art board to pass it off as authentic. He has most recently sold a McFarlane image with Captain America, Wolverine, and Spider-Man using the same carefully worded auction phrases.

If you compare the 2 images in the links provided by oldwhy, you can see the differences. The Immonen cover was also recently sold by an auction house.

If it's not a print, then it could be an inked over blue line situation.

Straight Outta Da Bronx no less.

Cheers!

N.

I don't get how this guy still gets away with this. it clearly a fake. the eyes and ink work is that bad. but my real question is how does this guy get marvel paper. do they sell to the public. or does he know an artist. or can you just print your own marvel paper.

also in the near future caf is going to have to start putting water marks on all the art it has that will slow a lot of this stuff down to a crawl.

Funny enough I recently asked on the forum if I could copy images from the caf and no one answered. I went ahead and had a few copied for my own enjoyment using a printer who colour copied onto an A3 sheet. After I put it in a frame it was a thing of beauty, I believe this to be the same procedure even to the point of gluing the sheet on to a fake board.

This was the guy selling fake "Calvin and Hobbs" (sic) a while ago.

Reported the auction(s) and sent the seller an email as well. Received an indifferent reply. This guy knows exactly what he's doing. Selling fakes.

eBay did nothin' as far as I could tell.

These aren't prints, they are amateur fakes. Check the artwork closely compared to the original on CAF- differing line weights from the original along with amateurish and non confident linework. This is representative all over the place on the fake.

For example, look at the line weights in Superman's cape (above Ferro's mouth) and the "wobbly" non confident line. Or look at Ferro's right eye (which is the eye on the left side of the drawing) - the iris - compared to the original. Any feathering done on the fake isn't very good, either.

Three out of many examples.

Stay away.

edit: I just noticed others already chimed in that they were not prints but inked copies - mea culpa.

This seller -fosworld- continues to resurface and it's always the same story line about buying the artwork at a street fair in the village in NYC blah blah blah. Funny thing is, I was in grad school around the same time he claims to have gotten them and all I ever found at the village street fairs was counterfeits and knock offs.