• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The all things STAR WARS (Film/TV only) thread.

54 posts in this topic

I would've liked to have seen Vader help hunt down and destroy the Jedi as told by Obi Wan in Ep 4. All Vader did was kill a bunch of younglings at the Jedi temple. Not the BAD he was made out to be.

I feel as though Ep 3 was rushed, and the story had to be changed to fit into 2 hours of screen time. The original opening sequence, rescuing Palpatine, on board the spaceship was about an hour long. Lucas had to cut scenes out to shorten the movie into a 2 hour window. They deleted Shaak Ti being killed by General grievous. So did Shaak Ti ever really die and if so how?

This movie could have and should have been a 2 part movie like Harry Potter Deathly Hollows. Lucas sacrificed the story to fit into a time frame.

Part 1= He should have kept the majority of the Palpatine recue 1 hour sequence and did more to explain why Anakin thought that the Jedi were trying to take over. Maybe did more clone war battles. The end of the film should have been the Mace Windu death scene and Anakin turning to the dark side and becoming Darth Vader.

Part 2 = A dark movie with Anakin hunting down 2 or 3 Jedi and killing them before his confrontation with Obi Wan. After the confrontation and the Emperor's battle with Yoda, Twins are born, Padme dies, and Anakin gets the Vader costume and continues to hunt down more Jedi. Yoda and Obi Wan realize that they must go into hiding along with the twins.

Darth Vader was supposed to be this powerful Jedi that turned evil. I never really saw a display of raw power.. Ok, he did defeat Count Dooku, but most younger men can take on their grandpa in a fight and win. I feel as though Lucas made Anakin into the Diet Coke of evil, just one small victory over Dooku, not quite evil enough.

Saw this on reddit, T-shirt to wear to the Opening Day showing. lollol

44uRBiZ.jpg

doh!lol That would put a smile on Trekkies. Do you think it was done intentionally?

Your kidding, right? Og course it was done intentionally.

Sorry, but I loved everything the article touched on and I agree with it!

The original trilogy is undoubtedly the Star Wars, but for me and many other youngsters like me, the prequel trilogy was coming out as I was growing up and that is what defined Star Wars for me. Watching the original trilogy after allowed me to delve further in to the universe introduced to me by Episodes I-III.

I'm curious - for those who hate the prequels, what specifically would you change? Would you have taken a different overall direction, or changed details like Jar-Jar's inclusion? hm

I don't have my notes with me, but I would definitely have made anakin a teenager not a child and if I absolutely had to have an annoying sidekick I'd at least cut down on the comedic antics.

Also, I would have had an explanation as to why this Trade Federation was trying to cut off naboo from the rest of the galaxy in the first place and why that was so important I mean it looked like Naboo was pretty self sufficient so why the fuss?

I agree on the age. Older would have been better. You can have a comedic sidekick without it being annoying (R2-D2, for example). I'm not sure I would have had him come from Tatooine, either. Why would Obi-Wan hide out on Vader's home planet?

There had to have been a way to combine the blockade, the Trade Federation stuff, and the discovery of the clones into one movie. At the end of the first movie, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon find Anakin on Geonosis. The next movie is the Clone War build up with the Trade Federation, more Anakin training and fleshing out of his distrust for the Jedi, as well as his relationship with Padme, with a turn teased, and with him killing Darth Maul (why kill him so early?). The full turn happens early in the third movie, with (as someone else mentioned), his capabilities in wiping out other Jedi observed, Order 66, the twins born, his fight with Obi-Wan and final conversion into the Darth Vader we knew.

I think I would have left the Fetts out of it completely. He lost any mystique. I thought that was stupid.

I don't know. I didn't hate them completely, but elements of them just don't stand up to future viewings.

Sorry, but I loved everything the article touched on and I agree with it!

The original trilogy is undoubtedly the Star Wars, but for me and many other youngsters like me, the prequel trilogy was coming out as I was growing up and that is what defined Star Wars for me. Watching the original trilogy after allowed me to delve further in to the universe introduced to me by Episodes I-III.

I'm curious - for those who hate the prequels, what specifically would you change? Would you have taken a different overall direction, or changed details like Jar-Jar's inclusion? hm

I don't have my notes with me, but I would definitely have made anakin a teenager not a child and if I absolutely had to have an annoying sidekick I'd at least cut down on the comedic antics.

Also, I would have had an explanation as to why this Trade Federation was trying to cut off naboo from the rest of the galaxy in the first place and why that was so important I mean it looked like Naboo was pretty self sufficient so why the fuss?

I agree on the age. Older would have been better. You can have a comedic sidekick without it being annoying (R2-D2, for example). I'm not sure I would have had him come from Tatooine, either. Why would Obi-Wan hide out on Vader's home planet?

I thought they explained this pretty well. Anakin hated Tatooine. HIs mom died there too. It would be the last place he would want to go.

There had to have been a way to combine the blockade, the Trade Federation stuff, and the discovery of the clones into one movie. At the end of the first movie, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon find Anakin on Geonosis. The next movie is the Clone War build up with the Trade Federation, more Anakin training and fleshing out of his distrust for the Jedi, as well as his relationship with Padme, with a turn teased, and with him killing Darth Maul (why kill him so early?). The full turn happens early in the third movie, with (as someone else mentioned), his capabilities in wiping out other Jedi observed, Order 66, the twins born, his fight with Obi-Wan and final conversion into the Darth Vader we knew.

I think I would have left the Fetts out of it completely. He lost any mystique. I thought that was stupid.

Honestly, Fett lost his mystique when Han accidentally hit Fett's jet pack on Tatooine and he fell into the Sarlaac Pit. If anything, the prequels brought back some of Fett's coolness. Those scenes in AOTC where Jango goes up against Obi-Wan and the chase with Slave I are beyond cool.

I don't know. I didn't hate them completely, but elements of them just don't stand up to future viewings.

I agree with this completely. I feel the same way about the prequels as I do about ROTJ. They are not perfect, but there is enough to like in them that overall I enjoy them. It would be hard to top the first 2 movies. :cloud9:

What I liked about all the Star Wars movies is they all had something new to introduce to the Star Wars universe. Only ROTJ retreaded some things with the Death Star II. I always thought the Marvel Tarkin 2 parter was a much, much better way to re-introduce a superweapon into the Star Wars saga. But the Jabba scenes and the Luke, Vader, and Emperor battle more than made up for the weak parts of that movie. The introduction of the Senate, Jedi order, trading and banking factions, clones, etc. in the prequels all added depth to what was once a 2 dimensional fight of good versus evil. I love the pod race and Darth Maul duel in TPM, the arena on Geonosis and the Jango Fett scenes in AOTC. And I cannot think of anything I didn't like about ROTS outside of Natalie Portman's acting.

Much of the politics of the Star Wars universe in the prequels reminds me of the Han Solo books where he visits the Corporate Sector. The only thing the prequels were missing was a normal, non-Jedi character that the audience could relate to ala Han Solo in the original trilogy. I personally disliked that many of the stories post prequel have focused too much on the Jedi. A perfect balance is a little Force with a bunch of non-Force conflict.

I personally disliked that many of the stories post prequel have focused too much on the Jedi.

When the original movies were released, fans only had these movies. We didn't know about the Jedi or the force. It was important to explain this to everyone. There were a few books out ( Splinter of the Minds Eye, and 3 Han Solo adventures ) but nothing else.

I thought they explained this pretty well. Anakin hated Tatooine. HIs mom died there too. It would be the last place he would want to go.

Honestly, Fett lost his mystique when Han accidentally hit Fett's jet pack on Tatooine and he fell into the Sarlaac Pit. If anything, the prequels brought back some of Fett's coolness. Those scenes in AOTC where Jango goes up against Obi-Wan and the chase with Slave I are beyond cool.

Sorry, cut this down so I could adequately show which comments I was talking to. . .

In his hunt for Obi-Wan, he would have gone to Tatooine.

You're right about the jet pack. That was stupid. In the prequels, they could have had some of the same stuff, but used Boba. . . if he was 20 at the time of Geonosis, he would have been in his 40s at the time of the Battle of Yavin.

It was interesting how they handled the politics, with Palpatine manipulating every move. I didn't mind the pod racing as much as some, but I do wish that Darth Maul would have made it to another movie. That fight was the best part of that movie, though, for me.

I would have liked to see many different things, but the reality of it is, if the Jar Jar sidekick idea was better thought out and the overall acting better, I think they would be more highly thought of. . .

So, where do these wretched "Ewoks" movies fit in, in this new continuety? hm

Will these even be acknowledged by disney and lucasfilm or will they be relegated to the outer reaches of the Star Wars merchandising empire like the 'Wookie Life day' of the Holiday special? :roflmao:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089110/?ref_=nv_sr_1

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087225/?ref_=tt_rec_tti

They got a big (thumbs u by Lucas. I know the Endor one was released on DVD.
Recently?

I bought one about 5 years ago for my son to watch.

Edit: paid like $5 but feebay prices now are crazy. Both on one combo pack 2004 release date.

Unless it was a real recent release I'm calling the ewoks flicks in that odd area between official and unofficial continuety. At least untill we here something definite from LF or Disney.