• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Multiple signatures - how do they work at a CGC onsite show?

6 posts in this topic

I'm attending Baltimore Comic Con next weekend. For books like Harley Quinn #0, which I want to get signed by Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti, Dave Johnson, Darwyn Cooke and Walt Simonson, how does it work for getting the book signed by multiple writers/artists for CGC SS?

Will one guy follow me around for the hours it takes to do that? Do I get some slip of paper so after one signature, I can put the book back in my folio, take a break, maybe get a different witness when the next writer/artist is available?

Sorry if this question has been answered - I tried to find it in the stickies without success.

Thanks!

Basically you will check to see if the talents are at their tables. If at least one is then you walk over to CGC with the book and have a witness come with you to get the book signed by all the available talents at one time. After signed by who is available CGC keeps your book with filled out paperwork. Once the other talent shows up go to CGC and grab the book and get the talent to sign the book. They keep the book each time while waiting for other talents to show and repeat process until every talent has signed.

I do both and they both have merits. Keep in mind some of the signatures you may want may have very long lines and may be very difficult to obtain if you want to do a lot of things (and you may end up missing one), especially a guy like Walt Simonson. I generally only go for signatures that I want myself if I'm gonna be at a show and I want to talk to the person.