• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A General Plea/Observation-Mile High

84 posts in this topic

Of late there have been several posts about the "Mile High" collection. It would be nice to rermember who was REALLY responsible for this collection and refer to it as the "Church" or "Edgar Church" collection or pedigree.

Don't mean to be a noodge but every time I see Mile High credited for the work of an individual over some decades it makes me whince.

::yah yah - typo edits and also added "Mile High" to title - but yah yah typo edits frown.gif::

Of late there have been several posts about the "Mile High" collection. It would be nice to rermember who was REALLY responsible for this collection and refer to it as the "Church" or "Edgar Church" collection or pedigree.

Don't mean to be a noodge but every time I see Mile High credited for the work of an individual over some decades it makes me whince.

::yah yah - typo edits and also added "Mile High" to title - but yah yah typo edits frown.gif::

Ooooo-kay............ screwy.gif

Naturally, any replies from certain individuals dealing with the history of comics or the appreciation of one individual accumulating the single greatest and overall highest grade collection of GA comics in existence over many years in favor of the appreciation of someone who happened to come along and buy them in the absence of said collector at a certain price....need not be considered. (Did I even have to SAY that?)

JEEZE BOC - have the Strikes got you so frightened the best you can do is emoticons lately? What happened to the BRAVE AND THE BACHELOR OF COMICS? Who has usurped that brazen one and replaced it with this hollow shell?

Whimp. frown.gif

::edited for, amoung other things, "Whimp frown.gif" - felt it was apropo. grin.gif

Naturally, any replies from certain individuals dealing with the history of comics or the appreciation of one individual accumulating the single greatest and overall highest grade collection of GA comics in existence over many years in favor of the appreciation of someone who happened to come along and buy them in the absence of said collector at a certain price....need not be considered. (Did I even have to SAY that?)

JEEZE BOC - have the Strikes got you so frightened the best you can do is emoticons lately? What happened to the BRAVE AND THE BACHELOR OF COMICS? Who has usurped that brazen one and replaced it with this hollow shell?

Whimp. frown.gif

::edited for, amoung other things, "Whimp frown.gif" - felt it was apropo. grin.gif

I let my shills do the talking. tongue.gif

Revisionist tripe! If it wasn't for Chuck and Mile High, this collection would be nowknown as the Denver Landfill pedigree, thank to the Church heirs. Chuck brought it to the limelight...without Chuck, there would be no pedigree designation... and this collection would have been destined for obscurity. poke2.gif

Mile High = a company.

Edgar Church = the dude who owned the books.

Calling the pedigree "Mile High" is advertising for a company. mad.gif

Calling the pedigree "Edgar Church" honors the guy who owned the books. grin.gifthumbsup2.gif

I will call the collection THE MILE HIGH COLLECTION !!!!

Goody goodies like Rob React are a PC Bunch,...Advertising is American !!!! Nothing wrong with it ,..and to insinuate otherwise is pinko-liberal propaganda !

popcorn.gif

Good point Pov, this crossed my mind the other day. When I hear the term Mile High I think wharehouse find.

I am on board. thumbsup2.gif

Revisionist tripe! If it wasn't for Chuck and Mile High, this collection would be nowknown as the Denver Landfill pedigree

Of course this all comes straight from Chuck's ever-truthful mouth, right? And just to ask the obvious question - where would Chuck be if Edgar had not saved all those books?

Revisionist tripe! If it wasn't for Chuck and Mile High, this collection would be nowknown as the Denver Landfill pedigree, thank to the Church heirs. Chuck brought it to the limelight...without Chuck, there would be no pedigree designation... and this collection would have been destined for obscurity. poke2.gif

If it weren't for Edgar Church, there would have been no collection for Chuck to find! makepoint.gif

Pov:

The collection has been historically discussed as both the Mile High and Church collection. Both played a role in it receiving the fame it has gained. I see no reason to only discuss it as the Church collection at all.