• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Meh

114 posts in this topic

Deleting all yours posts because you created a thread that didn't go exactly as you planned (because once you start a thread, you can't control what others post)...?

hm

When he does it to you, you may possibly see some of the frustration. There is a reason that many have called it "being Kav'd" or "this is now a kav thread" or something along those lines.

He pulled some nonsense last year in a contest thread I ran and I can understand the frustration. While I would not have deleted all my posts, He did a few things where a few boardies and myself asked him to stop. He apologized then continued on doing the same thing. (There is a bit more but I am not going into the little details. I did in fact put him on ignore for awhile (he is the first person and only person that I put on ignore). Later on I removed him from ignore and will converse with him but he is still considered a non participant in any contest or sales thread I run in the future.

Oh please. Kav does (and has done) it to everybody, including me. I've had him on ignore since January of 2014. It's just what Kav does. It's not an excuse, and it's not acceptable, but that doesn't invalidate my statement. Kav, just like anybody else, can easily be ignored...and there's still the appeal to moderators.

Deleting all your posts because someone didn't play the way you wanted them to is petulant.

Deleting all yours posts because you created a thread that didn't go exactly as you planned (because once you start a thread, you can't control what others post)...?

hm

When he does it to you, you may possibly see some of the frustration. There is a reason that many have called it "being Kav'd" or "this is now a kav thread" or something along those lines.

He pulled some nonsense last year in a contest thread I ran and I can understand the frustration. While I would not have deleted all my posts, He did a few things where a few boardies and myself asked him to stop. He apologized then continued on doing the same thing. (There is a bit more but I am not going into the little details. I did in fact put him on ignore for awhile (he is the first person and only person that I put on ignore). Later on I removed him from ignore and will converse with him but he is still considered a non participant in any contest or sales thread I run in the future.

Buzz to me you are top shelf guy, but somehow I don't understand the frustration over Kav. I consider him a friend as well,but I do see kav as a guy that just wants to be apart of the fun in threads. He's just being himself,and I can respect that.

First Oak, I appreciate the comments. For the record, I do not consider Kav an enemy. I do not consider him a bad guy. I do know though what it is like to see Kav do his 'thing'. Kav knows what he did. He later apologized for it after being asked to stop. I took him off of 'ignore' but that does not mean that I welcome his participation in the next contest I run.

I recognize that how a thread evolves may not be to the original posters intent or even liking. Such is the way of the internet. I accept that. However, there is a difference between the way a thread evolves and what amounts to constant, repetitive, systematic threadcrapping.

I am sure he will see this. I am sure that I will be told that I have "butthurt" over the matter and people will believe what they want to believe. However, from my perspective, the town alcoholic may be an incredible person and at times I welcome conversing with them. However, that does not mean I welcome them into my bar. (And no, CGC Boards, I do not own a bar.)

You make a great point. (thumbs u

All I did was post, dude got angry, i apologized, he got angry at apology, i apologized for apology, he blew his top and deleted all the posts, Buzz showed up as he always does whining again about his contest thread...did the thread get Kav'd or did Kav get boardied? You decide.

All I did was post, dude got angry, i apologized, he got angry at apology, i apologized for apology, he blew his top and deleted all the posts, Buzz showed up as he always does whining again about his contest thread...did the thread get Kav'd or did Kav get boardied? You decide.

I showed up as I always do? ??? :shrug: This is the second time I have publicly mentioned it. The first was when you asked why I had you on ignore a few months ago.

I have some work to do before tomorrow and will be back later to continue if this is of that much importance to you. PM me if you must.

:roflmao: As always.

I showed up as I always do? ??? :shrug: This is the second time I have publicly mentioned it. The first was when you asked why I had you on ignore a few months ago.

I have some work to do before tomorrow and will be back later to continue if this is of that much importance to you. PM me if you must.

It's the fourth time you've mentioned it. This ring a bell?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8640831#Post8640831

I have never asked why you have me on ignore. This may shock many but i really don't care who has me on ignore or why. I have plenty of friends on the boards and just as in real life, could care less about people who don't like me.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8640831#Post8640831

I have never asked why you have me on ignore. This may shock many but i really don't care who has me on ignore or why. I have plenty of friends on the boards and just as in real life, could care less about people who don't like me.

Dinner was nice. Thank you very much.

4th Time? I see that being once and this twice. If there were more I am sure you will be able to go through your bookmarks and find it. Go do your thing because that is all fine and mighty. I have no personal problem with you. I just find quite a few of the things you say and do annoying sometimes. There are threads that you start going a little crazy in where I have thought about posting and then realized that it is not worth it. Why? Because at that point it has become what is called around here a "Kav" thread. I have a busy enough schedule and sometimes engaging in any conversation with you is something that is just tiring and it wears me down. You have yet to get the message though. There are plenty of people who you call friends that sometimes tell you to just take it down a notch. Just as you have the ability to post wherever and whenever you want there are those that will call you out on your nonsense.

You forget that there have been times that I have defended you but that is not a blanket approval of everything that you do.

If you have further response or want to engage in this further then respond however you want here as I know you must and then take it to PM if you really want a response from me. It serves neither of us any good to continue to squabble. You can have the last word.

Dinner was nice. Thank you very much.

4th Time? I see that being once and this twice. If there were more I am sure you will be able to go through your bookmarks and find it. Go do your thing because that is all fine and mighty. I have no personal problem with you. I just find quite a few of the things you say and do annoying sometimes. There are threads that you start going a little crazy in where I have thought about posting and then realized that it is not worth it. Why? Because at that point it has become what is called around here a "Kav" thread. I have a busy enough schedule and sometimes engaging in any conversation with you is something that is just tiring and it wears me down. You have yet to get the message though. There are plenty of people who you call friends that sometimes tell you to just take it down a notch. Just as you have the ability to post wherever and whenever you want there are those that will call you out on your nonsense.

You forget that there have been times that I have defended you but that is not a blanket approval of everything that you do.

If you have further response or want to engage in this further then respond however you want here as I know you must and then take it to PM if you really want a response from me. It serves neither of us any good to continue to squabble. You can have the last word.

I didn't realize i was supposed to ask you about dinner. Anything else? Ask how your day was? See that perfectly illustrates the problem-you have all these rules for how others should behave. You defend them-until they don't obey your commands. Then you attack whenever an opp arises. Look at this thread-at what point did it get 'Kav'd'? My first post? All I did throughout this thread was apologize, then address your attack because after 4 times I'm sick of hearing about your contest. Let it go. No I have no interest in PMing you-I'm fine with speaking in public.

Advice: if you don't want to have a squabble don't start a squabble with someone.

Remember folks we're all just people we all do things differently getting angry at someone who has not hurt anyone or caused any harm is pointless and bossy. You might be annoyed by something that others find amusing. Hell I think Big Bang Theory is annoying as hell but lotta people like it and I don't tell them to get off the air or notify the mods on em.

Live and let live.

So most of those were not acronyms, per se, but examples of initialism.

An acronym is a word where (usually) each letter is the first letter from each of the things it is shortening.

Laser, for example. Or NATO. Or scuba.

Some times you have acronyms that include letters that are not the first letters of words. Like AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome) or radar. Other times you have letters added to make the acronym able to be pronounced (INTERPOL).

There are other times when acronyms or initialisms have the last letter/word repeated. Like SAT test or ISBN number. That makes me angry.

Yep and the FBI has that double 3 letter identifying system eg UNABOM suspect for 'University and Airlines Bomber'.

So like we could have 'PRESFLIP for press and flipper or CRAKSUB for crack and submit

An acronym is a word where (usually) each letter is the first letter from each of the things it is shortening.

Some times you have acronyms that include letters that are not the first letters of words. Like AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome) or radar. Other times you have letters added to make the acronym able to be pronounced (INTERPOL).

There are other times when acronyms or initialisms have the last letter/word repeated. Like SAT test or ISBN number. That makes me angry.

Yeah.

Like the Department of Redundancy Dept.

:sumo:

Yeah.

Like the Department of Redundancy Dept.

:sumo:

lol

Remember folks we're all just people we all do things differently getting angry at someone who has not hurt anyone or caused any harm is pointless and bossy. You might be annoyed by something that others find amusing. Hell I think Big Bang Theory is annoying as hell but lotta people like it and I don't tell them to get off the air or notify the mods on em.

Live and let live.

As you command :shrug: