• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re: Ebay user Cuteypie82 anyone know anything?

24 posts in this topic

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has had dealings with this ebay seller.

Private feedback even though it is 99% does make me leery to purchanse anything.

Thanks

Artboy99

Do not, and I do mean do not purchase anything from this seller. He buys low grade, restored slabbed books, takes them out of their casing, and sells them as his 30 year old unrestored high grade collection.

Ok thanks, I did do a search and strangely didnt get a thing even though I was sure I had seen the name before on this board. Thanks all I knew you would help me

Artboy99

Ok thanks, I did do a search and strangely didnt get a thing even though I was sure I had seen the name before on this board. Thanks all I knew you would help me

Artboy99

Weird. confused.gif

Leave off the 82. thumbsup2.gif

MAybe we can start a thread to keep pinned in the forum. Make a list of ebayers that have had questinable dealings, or a running thread on bad experiences....

just a thought.

MAybe we can start a thread to keep pinned in the forum. Make a list of ebayers that have had questinable dealings, or a running thread on bad experiences....

just a thought.

I bet you that would be a pretty long list tongue.gif

just a thought.

It's been suggested before with no luck. confused-smiley-013.gif

There have been several bad ebay seller threads in the last 6 months. Guess we need to keep them bumped.

I'll start an official thread that we can bump any time something comes up, that way all the names/info are in one spot.....can i get a suggestion for name of the post that will be easily remembered? A list with questionable sellers and their aliases...yeah yeah...that's it!! Also, we can try to keep the "hijacking" and graemlin posting to a minimum in that post to keep it concise...(Maybe Greggy can get his next 20,000+ posts elsewhere with his famous screwy.gif)

flowerred.gif

I'll start an official thread that we can bump any time something comes up, that way all the names/info are in one spot.....can i get a suggestion for name of the post that will be easily remembered? A list with questionable sellers and their aliases...yeah yeah...that's it!! Also, we can try to keep the "hijacking" and graemlin posting to a minimum in that post to keep it concise...(Maybe Greggy can get his next 20,000+ posts elsewhere with his famous screwy.gif)

flowerred.gif

893censored-thumb.gif

flowerred.gif

893censored-thumb.gif
27_laughing.gif

I've posted this before, but here's my e-mail exhange with him 2 years ago:

Purchased $5,000 worth of key SA books from this person, but luckily was able to cancel the check at the last moment. I should have done more to sink this guy, but since I was new to Ebay I decided to keep it quiet.

(Myself) I will send the check tonight. You should hopefully receive it no later than Thursday. I'll go to the bank on Saturday to make sure I have enough in my checking account. Otherwise, I'll have to transfer some from my savings. Thanks.

(Seller) HI. I picked up your payment today from the post office. Thanks so much! I will ship the books out asap after labor day. Thanks again.

(Myself) Have you been buying comic books off of ebay, taking them out of their CGC binding and selling them off as your own collection? I just looked at the books I purchased and they are the same ones that you purchased under a different name. Most of these books are in terrible condition, and have been restored. I will cancel my check if I don't hear a reply.

(Seller) Hi. No I have absolutely not been buying comic books off eBay and reselling them to you. What gave you that idea? The books sold to you were from a collection that I inhereted -- not bought from eBay under a different name. Out of curiosity why do you believe I have a different name? If you have any concerns please don't hesitate to call me at 410.913.4480. Your tracking number for your package via UPS insured is 1ZA87T00342214010. Thanks again.

(Myself) I have already contacted my bank to cancel the check. As soon as I receive your books I will send them right back to you (unopened). I will also insure them to make sure you don't lose your books. What gave it away was the 5th feedback for Cuteypie82. It said that the books received were in VF/NM condition. I looked up the books bought by that person (davidbr103816600), and they were the same ones you are selling right now. What also gave it away was the number 77 on one of the Tales to Astonish books. It showed up on your scans as well. The Daredevil #1 book I purchased was originally bought or $186 because it was in poor and restored condition. Plus all other books on there (X-Men #1, A.S.M. #1, etc.) were taken out of their CGC binding and made to look like they were from a collection.

I was actually tipped off by another Ebayer (they sent the e-mail anonymously), but they did not give all these details. I checked them myself. What you did is completely illegal. I realize that many times people are not good graders so they send you a fine book versus near mint, but for someone to completely mislead you like this is unheard of.

Tell you what, you get your books back, and I keep my money, and that's the end of story. You can sell them to the second highest bidder if you want, I don't care. However, I cannot speak for the other person that tipped me off. I'm not sure whether they will contact Ebay or not, but they did seem upset. I don't know how they got my e-mail address since the auction was private. (I made this part up).

(Seller) I checked and rechecked these accustaions and I don't see what you are talking about. However, I don't want you to be unhappy so I will fully refund your payment provided that all the books are returned (I don't think that you can cancel the check b/c I have depositd it). Please let me know when you receive the books and if they have been sent back (include tracking # etc.) and I will send you a check for the total. I hope this is agreeable, and I am sorry that we could not come to an understanding.

(Myself) You may have deposited the check, but the check takes approximately 7 days to clear the bank. I was able to stop it in time. However, since I do feel somewhat responsible for this mess (for being so stupid), I will send you a $55 money order to cover your shipping fees. I will send this money separately from your package (because I won't even open your package). As soon as I receive your comics I will ship them back to you insured and with a tracking number. I'll e-mail you with the tracking number.

If you want to leave me negative feedback then that's up to you, but if you do then you can be sure that I'll respond with my end of the story. I just hope I don't have another experience like this ever again.

(Seller) I was not intending to send you negative feedback, you did not do anything wrong. It is your prerogative to refuse the package. But I still don't know what you are talking about regarding what I assume is an accusation of fraud. Thanks for the $55. Thanks also for the heads up regarding your cancelled check I will notify my bank so that you do not have any problems with your payment. Again, please inform me when the package arrives, tracking # etc. Thanks again and I am sorry that we could not do business.

(Myself) I think I received your package this morning (marked postman from Maryland). I might take off early from work either tomorrow or Wednesday to ship it back to you. I've also made your money order, I'll send that out tonight. Hopefully, you can get your package back within a weeks time. I will ship your package (UPS, insured with tracking number) to the address you provided before. Let me know if that address has changed.

(Seller) Ok. Thanks. I'll be waiting and keep me posted.

I've posted this before, but here's my e-mail exhange with him 2 years ago:

Purchased $5,000 worth of key SA books from this person, but luckily was able to cancel the check at the last moment. I should have done more to sink this guy, but since I was new to Ebay I decided to keep it quiet.

(Myself) I will send the check tonight. You should hopefully receive it no later than Thursday. I'll go to the bank on Saturday to make sure I have enough in my checking account. Otherwise, I'll have to transfer some from my savings. Thanks.

(Seller) HI. I picked up your payment today from the post office. Thanks so much! I will ship the books out asap after labor day. Thanks again.

(Myself) Have you been buying comic books off of ebay, taking them out of their CGC binding and selling them off as your own collection? I just looked at the books I purchased and they are the same ones that you purchased under a different name. Most of these books are in terrible condition, and have been restored. I will cancel my check if I don't hear a reply.

(Seller) Hi. No I have absolutely not been buying comic books off eBay and reselling them to you. What gave you that idea? The books sold to you were from a collection that I inhereted -- not bought from eBay under a different name. Out of curiosity why do you believe I have a different name? If you have any concerns please don't hesitate to call me at 410.913.4480. Your tracking number for your package via UPS insured is 1ZA87T00342214010. Thanks again.

(Myself) I have already contacted my bank to cancel the check. As soon as I receive your books I will send them right back to you (unopened). I will also insure them to make sure you don't lose your books. What gave it away was the 5th feedback for Cuteypie82. It said that the books received were in VF/NM condition. I looked up the books bought by that person (davidbr103816600), and they were the same ones you are selling right now. What also gave it away was the number 77 on one of the Tales to Astonish books. It showed up on your scans as well. The Daredevil #1 book I purchased was originally bought or $186 because it was in poor and restored condition. Plus all other books on there (X-Men #1, A.S.M. #1, etc.) were taken out of their CGC binding and made to look like they were from a collection.

I was actually tipped off by another Ebayer (they sent the e-mail anonymously), but they did not give all these details. I checked them myself. What you did is completely illegal. I realize that many times people are not good graders so they send you a fine book versus near mint, but for someone to completely mislead you like this is unheard of.

Tell you what, you get your books back, and I keep my money, and that's the end of story. You can sell them to the second highest bidder if you want, I don't care. However, I cannot speak for the other person that tipped me off. I'm not sure whether they will contact Ebay or not, but they did seem upset. I don't know how they got my e-mail address since the auction was private. (I made this part up).

(Seller) I checked and rechecked these accustaions and I don't see what you are talking about. However, I don't want you to be unhappy so I will fully refund your payment provided that all the books are returned (I don't think that you can cancel the check b/c I have depositd it). Please let me know when you receive the books and if they have been sent back (include tracking # etc.) and I will send you a check for the total. I hope this is agreeable, and I am sorry that we could not come to an understanding.

(Myself) You may have deposited the check, but the check takes approximately 7 days to clear the bank. I was able to stop it in time. However, since I do feel somewhat responsible for this mess (for being so stupid), I will send you a $55 money order to cover your shipping fees. I will send this money separately from your package (because I won't even open your package). As soon as I receive your comics I will ship them back to you insured and with a tracking number. I'll e-mail you with the tracking number.

If you want to leave me negative feedback then that's up to you, but if you do then you can be sure that I'll respond with my end of the story. I just hope I don't have another experience like this ever again.

(Seller) I was not intending to send you negative feedback, you did not do anything wrong. It is your prerogative to refuse the package. But I still don't know what you are talking about regarding what I assume is an accusation of fraud. Thanks for the $55. Thanks also for the heads up regarding your cancelled check I will notify my bank so that you do not have any problems with your payment. Again, please inform me when the package arrives, tracking # etc. Thanks again and I am sorry that we could not do business.

(Myself) I think I received your package this morning (marked postman from Maryland). I might take off early from work either tomorrow or Wednesday to ship it back to you. I've also made your money order, I'll send that out tonight. Hopefully, you can get your package back within a weeks time. I will ship your package (UPS, insured with tracking number) to the address you provided before. Let me know if that address has changed.

(Seller) Ok. Thanks. I'll be waiting and keep me posted.

I would have opened them up. Then you would know for certain the claims of fraud are/were accurate. Plus, you could hold onto the books for a few days and let the seller sweat. Power is control. You had the books and the money. I would have loved to read his emails to you after you had him in the noose.

If he did send you a box of junk, you could have had some fun. It's the little things in life that bring you joy. Catching an ebay con artist is great thing.

flowerred.gif

893censored-thumb.gif
27_laughing.gif

893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gifflowerred.gif893censored-thumb.gifsumo.gif

To be honest with you, I was fairly new to eBay and just wanted get out of that predicament. At that time he only had a feedback 6, so his sales and alter-ego were easy to trace.

apart the experience you've related, did you had other buyings with this fella?!

it's strange that still he has such a high % feedback, no?! since he's apparently reselling restored books... confused.giffrown.gif