• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re: Ebay user Cuteypie82 anyone know anything?

24 posts in this topic

To be honest with you, I was fairly new to eBay and just wanted get out of that predicament. At that time he only had a feedback 6, so his sales and alter-ego were easy to trace.

apart the experience you've related, did you had other buyings with this fella?!

it's strange that still he has such a high % feedback, no?! since he's apparently reselling restored books... confused.giffrown.gif

Nope, just that one time. For instance when I looked at the books he'd purchased under a different name, I noticed the same Daredevil #1 book that I'd won. He described the book as in excellent condition, so I was glad I got it for only $600. I figured that even if it's in VG condition, it was a pretty good deal. However, when I checked that other person's feedback, I noticed that this book was purchased as a PLOD for $175, and the grade was around 3.0.

At the time I won the Daredevil book, I also won X-Men #1-10, Justice League of America #1, Hulk #181, Avengers #2 and 20 other SA books (TOS, TTA, etc.) from him. All of these books were included in that other person's feedback, and they were all either purchased as PLODs or were in extremely low grade (certainly not a 30-year personal collection as he'd described). I even noticed the same "7" marking on one of his TTA books I'd won. There were also other books in that auction that a few people won (ASM #1, 2 X-Men #1's, Fantastic Four #1, etc.). However, a month later, only 2 of them had left him feedback. So either these 2 people were shills, or he has a very good return policy (I think it's the latter). For instance, if you're an expert comic grader and feel you've been shafted, he'll take the books back and return the money. However, the regular comic collector is probably content with receiving an overgraded book, but for a low price. By the time they check it for restoration it's too late.

I kept track of his listings until he got up to around 25 feedbacks. Some of the books he'd listed weren't traceable anymore, so I wasn't sure where he got them from. All I can say is that his 99% rating is probably due to his return policy and very polite e-mails. In his first e-mail, he told me he'll ship everything for free. I figured wow, what a nice guy. foreheadslap.gif

I sold him VG copies of Hulk 4 and X-men 94, and less than a month later they were on ebay as VF's. He also bought that restored AF 15 noted on the other thread, and attempted to re-sell it as unrestored (don't remember the grades).

Here's his board persona...

I sold him VG copies of Hulk 4 and X-men 94, and less than a month later they were on ebay as VF's. He also bought that restored AF 15 noted on the other thread, and attempted to re-sell it as unrestored (don't remember the grades).

Here's his board persona...

Maybe he had them pressed...? confused-smiley-013.gif

boo.gif