• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Person of Interest

42 posts in this topic

I know they're filming as though it's possible that this is the last season, but everything I've read says that they're hoping that the show can keep going at least 1 more season if not 2. Problem is that it's not a show owned by CBS, which makes its benchmarks higher than CBS-owned shows when it gets similar ratings to other mid-tier CBS shows. But since they had to pay WB for it, the benchmarks are higher. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that the syndication & Netflix availability gives it a bump in ratings when it comes back & that it can increase its audience & kinda force CBS to keep it on for at least another full season.

Been watching since day 1! It's the show I tell people they are going to binge watch on Netflix one day and say "Why wasn't I watching that when it aired?!?!"

Last episode of last season .. still gives me chill bumps.

At some point, I really want an entire episode just done from Bear's point of view. Where he's just strolling around, saving people, being awesome & then going back to his dog bed whenever he's done until the next number comes in & the machine talks to him with a dog whistle or something. Like the Pizza Dog parts of Hawkeye.

I sure hope Netflix adds Season 4 fairly quick. :wishluck: I think I have 8 to 10 episodes left. :(

Love the way the show evolved and expanded. Most shows do a 'formula' and ride it as long as possible. POI is more like a novel-for-tv with continuity, depth and growth. :cloud9:

I sure hope Netflix adds Season 4 fairly quick. :wishluck: I think I have 8 to 10 episodes left. :(

Love the way the show evolved and expanded. Most shows do a 'formula' and ride it as long as possible. POI is more like a novel-for-tv with continuity, depth and growth. :cloud9:

I've only watched the first three seasons but they have developed the characters and the multiple plots incredibly well in such a short period of time.

It feels like a show with more plot progression than other shows that have been on the air for a decade. Every episode, even the freak of the week episodes, move the overarching plot forward in rather significant leaps. Sometimes it's just a bit, but most episodes, it's a LOT.

And it doesn't seem to stick to a formula either. When flashbacks are necessary, they're added, when they're not, they aren't. Unlike other mythology type shows where the "flash back/flash forward" etc like LOST, where they stuck flashbacks in even if the flashbacks were pointless to the current story.

They don't have season 4 yet? I was just about to go binge watch it. :cry:

Apparently they delayed season 4 being available for some inexplicable reason. It was supposed to be up today or tomorrow or something, but CBS delayed it

Probably using the same logic that says "People use Netflix to catch up on shows before the new season starts. So let's put it available like a week before the new season starts. People can totally knock out 23 episodes in a week & be ready for the new season, right?" and are probably going to wait until a week before Season 5 starts after the new year

Apparently they delayed season 4 being available for some inexplicable reason.
I just assumed it was to foster Season 4 DVD sales. A window of non-competition for Big Box venues to move their new-to-the-market offerings.

Which makes sense when it's a DVD set that comes out the same time as all the other tv seasons & the show is coming back on in September/October. But to delay streaming availability beyond that just because the show isn't coming back until after New Year but the DVD set came out at the same time as all the rest of the series that aired at the same time... that's kinda asinine.

Apparently they delayed season 4 being available for some inexplicable reason.
I just assumed it was to foster Season 4 DVD sales. A window of non-competition for Big Box venues to move their new-to-the-market offerings.

Which makes sense when it's a DVD set that comes out the same time as all the other tv seasons & the show is coming back on in September/October. But to delay streaming availability beyond that just because the show isn't coming back until after New Year but the DVD set came out at the same time as all the rest of the series that aired at the same time... that's kinda asinine.

My guess: Boilerplate legalese.

Whatever non-compete deal Big Box gets could be tied to wording, "next premiers" or something. September, January, doesn't matter, the deal is in play until the wording is satisfied.

100% guessing, with absolutely no idea. :grin:

That would make sense except what happens when it doesn't premier because the show gets cancelled in the summer after some contemplation? Plus, that would only make sense if the channel that is airing it is the one that produces it & sells it (for instance, this is a WB show on CBS. CBS can sell the streaming & syndication rights for some reason because it was the show that aired it, I guess, but I'm pretty sure that WB sells the DVD rights because its the one producing the DVD's)

Season 4 has been up on Netflix for a little bit now.

I've already re-watched it completely & I have to say... The episode "If-Then-Else" was not only one of the best episodes of the series, but I dare say one of the best episodes in the history of television. It was just absolutely perfect. From the Chess sequences to the first swerve to the funny bits like "overt come-on" to a genuinely shocking ends, it was just perfect TV.

And it actually somehow didn't have a bit of drop-off in the following episode "Ctrl-Alt-Del".

I'm just still in shock at how much I absolutely love every episode of this show. Even the ones that leave me with my jaw on the floor.

We're getting into the stretch run for the final season of this. So far though, it's excellent in Season 5.

Anyone else watching? Anyone else kinda oddly enjoying the 2-episode-per-week burn-off approach that CBS is taking with it? I hate that it means that series ends twice as fast, but it's also kind of halfway between the Daredevil/Netflix model and traditional tv. Like being able to binge-watch but being forced to moderate myself at the same time.

What type of insufficiently_thoughtful_person do they have working at CBS to end this show in Season 5 with only 13 episodes?

Its the best thing on TV.

I have no idea. It's insane, to be honest. It's absolutely the BEST show that's been on TV in many years. It's perfect. And very rarely does anyone on the show need to be the one holding the ball of stupid to push the plot. Competent characters almost all the time? Crazy, I tell you!

I think though, it's probably because it's NOT a CBS show & they have to buy the show from WB that it's cancelled. Especially when CBS can just add another NCISCISIDIDIDI spin-off for the same production price but not have to buy it from another studio for similar or better ratings.

Really is one of the best sci fi shows ever. But I can understand why some might not get it.

It took me almost a whole season (1) of investment to really get hooked. But once I got to the episode with the phone booth AI guiding them I was blown away.