• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DocDave Frazetta Auction

222 posts in this topic

Sothebys and Christies wanted to sell my art at even higher fees than that! And one cannot argue with their success. Did you notice the results of the recent Sothebys auction in Paris run by Bernard Mahe? Sky high premiums and even more sky high prices attained. Astonishing prices, really.

It is what it is and it is the wave of the future. Sometims a collector has to do a bit of fiscal stretching in order to obtain a once-in-a-lifetime piece of original art. Most of the major collectors I know have always paid a liitle ahead of the curve. The result is....they have the art! The rest have regrets. Quality art always seems to be in demand and the prices always go up.

It is a matter of priorities. Complaining about pricing is a dead end street. The market conditions determine everything in the end.

All the very best!

Dave

Joe Maddalena just clarified the bidding for me:

its only 20 percent if they don't bid on line and they dont use credit cards to pay

so tell them they can save 8% if they bid with us and not on line and dont pay via Credit card

its only 20 percent if they don't bid on line and they dont use credit cards to pay

so tell them they can save 8% if they bid with us and not on line and dont pay via Credit card

I saw that but, honestly, the BP doesn't mean anything to people who've been bidding for years. It's just part of the price. Figure out what the total is and bid accordingly.

The ground rules are the same for everyone so I never understood the kvetching.

Actually, PROFILES IN HISTORY has one of the LOWEST BP that I can think of...if you bid directly with them and avoid the extra online charges and credit card fees.

This is really a moot point.

You are correct, most seasoned collectors factor all these things into account before establishing their bid parameters.

DAVE

I saw that but, honestly, the BP doesn't mean anything to people who've been bidding for years. It's just part of the price. Figure out what the total is and bid accordingly.

The ground rules are the same for everyone so I never understood the kvetching.

Me neither. (shrug)

Factor-in the BP into the total amount you're willing to pay.

What about sales tax they have locations in California etc?... 28% is just plain outrageous ..plus sales tax... This is gonna hinder bidding leaving a lot of bids n the table and a lot of pieces unsold. and 20% is fine on a no reserve auction, but with high reserves it's gonna take its toll... Sounds more like the greed factor than "market conditions " ha. Com is auctioning a great romance frazetta page currently with no reserve. 8% charge for credit card... Are you kidding me?

I posted the Frazetta erotic images this morning: the complete stories have never been published. So much great Frazetta still remains to be seen.

http://www.fritzfrazetta.blogspot.com

Whoah... cool art, but how about a NSFW tag? :foryou:

I'll enjoy looking at it from home, but don't need frazetta dong popping up here :)

What about sales tax they have locations in California etc?... 28% is just plain outrageous ..plus sales tax... This is gonna hinder bidding leaving a lot of bids n the table and a lot of pieces unsold. and 20% is fine on a no reserve auction, but with high reserves it's gonna take its toll... Sounds more like the greed factor than "market conditions " ha. Com is auctioning a great romance frazetta page currently with no reserve. 8% charge for credit card... Are you kidding me?

I wonder if the 8% charge is necessary because of their insurance costs due to potential risks of a charge back? If paid by wire, draft then no issues as they control the funds.

I posted the Frazetta erotic images this morning: the complete stories have never been published. So much great Frazetta still remains to be seen.

When you said King Kong used to be Frank's favourite movie . . . are you sure you didn't mean, King Dong? hm

Whoah... cool art, but how about a NSFW tag? :foryou:

I'll enjoy looking at it from home, but don't need frazetta dong popping up here :)

lol

I would have thought the tag "Erotic Images" might have been a clue as to their content.