• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about one Happy (Event) thread per poster per day?

371 posts in this topic

OK this is my attempt to list all the options that have been suggested. :insane:

A Remains in CG w/individual threads

1 - Nightly BD threads created for every board member

2 - Nightly BD threads created for active members

3 - No nightly BD thread creation, let members who know the people create the threads if people get missed they can blame their friends because there's no one doing "the birthday thread job"

B Remains in CG single thread options

1- One single perpetual thread stickied

2- One single perpetual thread not stickied

3 - Daily thread created for all people celebrating birthdays

C New sub-forum

1 - BD threads and other community events celebrated

2 - BD threads and selected active CG/community threads moved to new sub-forum

If we were in an A 2 situation, nightly threads for active board members - my preferred solutions in order are A3, B1, B2/B3, A2, C1, C2, A1

:acclaim:

OK this is my attempt to list all the options that have been suggested. :insane:

A Remains in CG w/individual threads

1 - Nightly BD threads created for every board member

2 - Nightly BD threads created for active members

3 - No nightly BD thread creation, let members who know the people create the threads if people get missed they can blame their friends because there's no one doing "the birthday thread job"

B Remains in CG single thread options

1- One single perpetual thread stickied

2- One single perpetual thread not stickied

3 - Daily thread created for all people celebrating birthdays

C New sub-forum

1 - BD threads and other community events celebrated

2 - BD threads and selected active CG/community threads moved to new sub-forum

If we were in an A 2 situation, nightly threads for active board members - my preferred solutions in order are A3, B1, B2/B3, A2, C1, C2, A1

Looks like we need another poll! :shy:

lol

Actually the way that poll was worded the choices I laid out are much more clearly stated.

I think the majority want change but when the first option says "yes, new subforum" - you snap of all of the "imsickofthis :censored: " votes....

And then anyone interested enough to read further sees option two as

"no, leave things the way they are (which is totally broken) followed by....and find another solution"

Maybe next time you will use your powers for good and not evil! :baiting:

If you want to build a proper mess house...sometimes you have to squash a few flies? :boo:

lol

Actually the way that poll was worded the choices I laid out are much more clearly stated.

I think the majority want change but when the first option says "yes, new subforum" - you snap of all the "imsickofthis" votes....

"no, leave things the way they are (which is totally broken) followed by....and find another solution"

Yeah....that must be it.

lol

I think the majority want change but when the first option says "yes, new subforum" - you snap of all the "imsickofthis" votes....

Yeah....that must be it.

I agree a new subforum is preferable to having to wade through 4/5 new threads a day with the same 10 posts in each thread. Anything is better than that, I mean this...

158070.png.55ef033915809bd901ddba986b35c36e.png

I agree a new subforum is preferable to having to wade through 4/5 new threads a day with the same 10 posts in each thread. Anything is better than that, I mean this...

Absolutely. (thumbs u

I don't think we'll find a perfect solution to make everyone happy....just looking for a compromise that everyone can be "ok" with.