• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Masters Of Comic Book Art - 1987 documentary

7 posts in this topic

You mean this ?

Masters%20of%20comic%20book%20art%20front_zpsncauezqd.jpg

Masters%20of%20comic%20book%20art%20back_zpskp5b20n8.jpg

I have this video. It's from Rhino Home Video. You can probably find it on ebay and if you still have a VCR it's worth it. Very cool piece of comic history with on camera interviews with Eisner, Kurtzman, Kirby, Ditko (hah.... no video of him), Neal Adams, Wrightson, Moebius, Miller, Sim and Spiegelman. What I love is that Kirby says..... right out of his own mouth..... he was searching for inspiration.... and so he went to The Bible..... and was reading about Satan..... and his fall.... and God..... and came up with ......The Silver Surfer !! The Silver Surfer is Satan....cast down to earth.... from the creators own mouth !! Gotta love it !!

You mean this ?

Masters%20of%20comic%20book%20art%20front_zpsncauezqd.jpg

Masters%20of%20comic%20book%20art%20back_zpskp5b20n8.jpg

I have this video. It's from Rhino Home Video. You can probably find it on ebay and if you still have a VCR it's worth it. Very cool piece of comic history with on camera interviews with Eisner, Kurtzman, Kirby, Ditko (hah.... no video of him), Neal Adams, Wrightson, Moebius, Miller, Sim and Spiegelman. What I love is that Kirby says..... right out of his own mouth..... he was searching for inspiration.... and so he went to The Bible..... and was reading about Satan..... and his fall.... and God..... and came up with ......The Silver Surfer !! The Silver Surfer is Satan....cast down to earth.... from the creators own mouth !! Gotta love it !!

I love that. Also, Ditko's manifesto is pretty great.