• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you ever wanted to burn down the USPS?

18 posts in this topic

No I would never do it (I'd miss my comics while I was in jail), but I'm pi$$ed. 893censored-thumb.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

I have all of my purchases sent to a mail box rental place so that the USPS will stop folding my stuff or just plain leaving it on the door step where any little punk can snag it (we have many little villains that walk past our house because of the school up the road). Ever since I started using them things have been peachy. I go in today to pick up a couple of packages and just about die...

Apparently the brain surgeons over at the post office accidentally dropped one of my packages in the WATER!!. Yeah... they couldn't just bend it or dent it or tear part of it.... NO NO NO... they had to do the one thing that they can do to truly destroy the value of the THREE comics inside.... But hey... at least there's a nice little stamp on it that says "Damaged in handling. Please accept our apologies. U.S. Postal Service. Phoenix, AZ 85026". Well that makes it all better then doesn't it?

And being the insufficiently_thoughtful_person that I am I didn't get the optional insurance so now I'm out the money. I feel like I just bent over, grabbed my ankles and took a baseball bat up the [#@$%!!!].

Does anyone here know if there is any recourse on this with the Post Office? I'm not holding on to too much hope, but you guys know better than I.

Here's what showed up...

mail1.JPG

mail2.JPG

mail3.JPG

mail4.JPG

mail5.JPG

mail6.JPG

October_Fire... they're a bit discolored on the covers and the pages are still slightly damp... we'll see how much worse it gets as they dry.

Too bad...I thought that if they were in bags or mylites they might have been protected. confused-smiley-013.gif

Did you speak directly to your Postmaster about this?

Even though the book was not insured.. is the USPS able reimburse for damaged contents that were damaged as a direct result of mishandling by them?

As they admitted to with that Sorry we goofed stamp on your box. foreheadslap.gif

It is worth asking.. ya never know.

Ze-

Apparently the brain surgeons over at the post office accidentally dropped one of my packages in the WATER!!. Yeah... they couldn't just bend it or dent it or tear part of it.... NO NO NO... they had to do the one thing that they can do to truly destroy the value of the THREE comics inside.... But hey... at least there's a nice little stamp on it that says "Damaged in handling. Please accept our apologies. U.S. Postal Service. Phoenix, AZ 85026". Well that makes it all better then doesn't it?

sorry.gif

Man, I hate to see things like that. Where was the package mailed from? I wonder if it was raining or snowing. We see a lot of wet mail when there's a bad storm. Especially when something has been dropped in an outside dropbox. Unfortunately, the carrier has to pick up the mail from the boxes no matter what the weather. Sometimes the mail gets soaked. The damaged in handling stamp is a standard stamp that is used by the Postal Service nationwide. Good luck! Maybe you will get lucky and get them to pay for it.

This wont help you, but I pack most of the comics I sell in a bag with a board, between two pieces of cardboard, and then put that into one of the Priority Mail soft bags, seal that up and then pack it into a box.

I don't think this makes comics water proof, but I know it makes them highly water resistant.

Personally I hate when books are shipped in a soft envelope, unless the books are secured in a box inside. That envelope that was used offers no protection.

I don't mind the envelope as long as the comic is sandwiched between to stiff pieces of cardboard.