• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Edmonton Expo Sept 25-27 brief con report

27 posts in this topic

There were some great deals to be had at the show as a buyer if you had time to look around.If we were not so busy I would have loved to have checked out some of the other booths. It is becoming tough as a Canadian seller - you have to change your prices regularly due to the exchange rate or leave hundreds to thousands on the table.

Whoa! :o

Harley was scooping up keys at good prices. I had him pay a fair price for four slabs from me and in $USD ;) to play the currency game a bit, but there were others he bought in $Canadian where he was instantly in the money on them by a few hundred due to the exchange rate.

Wondered where Harley was since I never saw him at his booth in Baltimore.

He was definitely here as a buyer more than a seller. From me he bought a CGC 4.0 Avengers 1, CGC 6.5 Avengers 4, a raw ASM 300.

I like dealing with him, he pays a very fair price.

He was constantly talking on his phone with his Baltimore guys as well.

Harley picked up the Avengers #1 for someone that was at his booth at the Baltimore show. He has done well buying in Edmonton over the years. I know a couple of older collectors that moved incredible books/portions of collections to him in the late 80s when he would come to the big Edmonton shows. NM early SA Marvels sold well back then just like they do now. lol