• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "New Forum" Discussion Thread

509 posts in this topic

14,000 posts, where is my congratulatory thread? :whee:

Sorry, it would take up too much real estate.

Ooo....super saucy!

Your Comicopolis Correspondence Course has really paid for itself!

The deal was so good I couldn't afford not to take it.

I know, right? Cheaper than a Big Mac and worth twice the price!

It's pretty easy to make quips from the sidelines.

Not so easy to stick your neck out and offer real, substantive, thoughtful positions on issues, that others can make quips at from the sidelines.

:cloud9:

Ooo....super saucy!

Not so easy to stick your neck out and offer real, substantive, thoughtful positions on issues, that others can make quips at from the sidelines.

They are both pretty easy. We aren't solving world peace here. And doing one certainly doesn't preclude one from doing the other.

Ooo....super saucy!

They are both pretty easy. We aren't solving world peace here. And doing one certainly doesn't preclude one from doing the other.

Oh, good. I look forward to reading your real, thoughtful, substantive positions on issues, then....

I put lots of thought and consideration into my quips....you just must read between the lines/words/emos.....or be part of the super secret pm in the know club i have not yet started....but the members know who they are.....or DO they......??????mehhehehemeh!

I put lots of thought and consideration into my quips....you just must read between the lines/words/emos.....or be part of the super secret pm in the know club i have not yet started....but the members know who they are.....or DO they......??????mehhehehemeh!

member giggle_80_anim_gif.gif

Oh, how about when the board takes me to "page 6 of 5", or like when I click to go to page two (when there are that many un-read thread) and it takes me right back to page one - even if I open the link in a new tab?

Can the new version not do that? Minor quibbles, for sure, but I figured I'd bring them up...

:)

-slym

I'll add a Bug Fix section.

That's because he's got his posts/page default set at something higher than the standard 10 per page in his preferences. A page link from a boardie using standard settings or a google search finds and links by defaults with url by page and then his preferences kick in when he clicks onto the page.

2c

That's because he's got his posts/page default set at something higher than the standard 10 per page in his preferences. A page link from a boardie using standard settings or a google search finds and links by defaults with url by page and then his preferences kick in when he clicks onto the page.

2c

I know what you mean, but I have seen a similar problem (my settings are always set at standard). It will say something like Page 3 of 2, and when I click on next page I get a blank. Other times, the page count is correct, but clicking on next page gives a blank. I should really pay more attention to this because I don't remember all the details exactly.

>>> Added #25 and the Bug Fix section.

Summary

Features

1) Structure/Format

2) Membership Date and Post Count Transferability

3) Board History Access

4) Search Engine

5) Avatar Size

6) More Emoticons

7) Selective Signature Viewing

8) PM Search Capability

9) More Versatile Ignore Function

10) View & Reply Sorting

11) Mobile Support

12) Profile Notes

13) PM Auto Away Message

14) More Video Embedding Support

15) 50 Word Post Limit

16) Posting Limitations Based on Registration Date/Post Count

17) Themes

18) Daily Post Count Limit Per Thread

19) Post Count Levels Rather Than Actual Number

20) Better *SPOON* Filter

21) Yearly Post Count Limit

22) Auto Spoiler By Post Size

23) Quote/Reply Limited To One Post (Not Up To Ten)

24) Video Chat

25) See Previous Profile Names

Bug Fixes

1) Next Page Bug

Giggles

1) High School Pics of Greggy

2) Custom Title Editor

3) Obliteration Function

4) Pizza Delivery Button

5) N00b Accelerator Option

PS - This list does not imply overall support, feasibility or commitment to implementation; it's simply a summary of what has been discussed so far.

[+]

2c

I know what you mean, but I have seen a similar problem (my settings are always set at standard). It will say something like Page 3 of 2, and when I click on next page I get a blank. Other times, the page count is correct, but clicking on next page gives a blank. I should really pay more attention to this because I don't remember all the details exactly.

I like how some people feel the need to speak for me.

I have my preferences set for 10 posts per page, which I think is default. Yet those things still happen to me.

Thanks for the "Bug Fix" section!

-slym

Ooh, what about an auto-size for pics? My homebrewing site, no matter how large the picture is, it is shrunk to fit on the screen and if you want to see it full-size, you have to click on the pic and it pops out.

-slym

2c

Yup.

Ooh, what about an auto-size for pics? My homebrewing site, no matter how large the picture is, it is shrunk to fit on the screen and if you want to see it full-size, you have to click on the pic and it pops out.

-slym

Added as #27.

That's a good idea. Do you see that as just mobile support, or does it have application with monitor size as well? Is this a user preference for viewing, or would all pics posted be set at a small size?

How about new date definitions for Gold, Silver, Bronze, etc based on poll response?

I believe there might be a desire to at least break the modern section away from brand new comics...

Also, I think I might have read this somewhere but adding a "like/dislike" button with running counts for posts to avoid the obligatory "+1."