• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "New Forum" Discussion Thread

509 posts in this topic

I believe the emails that can be sent from the demo are deliberately throttled to 5 per hour, so that means if/when there is a rush of signups, it will probably be a slow trickle to confirm your accounts.

Could it be accidentally this was toggled to 5 per week?

(:

I believe the emails that can be sent from the demo are deliberately throttled to 5 per hour, so that means if/when there is a rush of signups, it will probably be a slow trickle to confirm your accounts.

Could it be accidentally this was toggled to 5 per week?

(:

The people who registered multiple email addresses did us no favors either. Still waiting.

• Administrator
Signed up yesterday about 8PMish. Still waiting for the confirmation email. If the braintrust who thought throttling the auto-responder to 5 replies per hour was a good idea is involved in the board functioning, then I am frightened.

It's a demo. That is how the free demo was configured by the people who offer it. Because it's free...

I don't think they intended to have 100 people sign up and try it. But I thought you guys would appreciate the preview anyway.

Arch... a few questions and I apologize if they have already been asked:

If I sign up in this beta and register my name, Buzzetta, will it still be available to me when the 'real' site goes live, if I even have to sign up at all? (Or will my complete account be transferred over without me having to lift a finger as my Boards account and CGC Membership account already use the same email address?)

Will this board be archived into the new board? There are certain conversations that should not be lost as well as Probation Lists, HOS and things like that.

Yeah, that would suck if all of the pm messages were lost. :( I believe he did say that whatever account you create in Beta will be deleted when it is real.

• Administrator
Arch... a few questions and I apologize if they have already been asked:

If I sign up in this beta and register my name, Buzzetta, will it still be available to me when the 'real' site goes live, if I even have to sign up at all? (Or will my complete account be transferred over without me having to lift a finger as my Boards account and CGC Membership account already use the same email address?)

Will this board be archived into the new board? There are certain conversations that should not be lost as well as Probation Lists, HOS and things like that.

Nothing you do on this demo board will effect anything else. It will all be deleted.

Your account will be migrated, you won't have to sign up again, but you may need to set a password.

The content of this board will be migrated to the new board, assuming we don't run into any severe technical problems in the process. It should be ok, though, the new boards have migration routines to move content.

I still haven't been approved , nor have I received an email.

My opinion must not count.

I think I'll call my Presidential Candidate Senator, or the low life

scumbag person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed that is my US Rep, who is probably on the take

from someone important, and complain. About something.

Or maybe not. I didn't take my meds this morning, so I thought I

might just start some mess today.

Enjoy.