• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auction being tampered with?

17 posts in this topic

Based on the high number of insane prices people are bringing up (All Flash 12 for $900k??), and the fact that I believe there have been at least 150 "new members" added in the last couple days, it looks like someone is trying to screw up the auction. A bump is a bump is a bump, but some of the prices are crazy (beyond Heritage and shill bidder crazy)! I'm going to keep my eye on a couple listings and see if they pull any bids...lmk if anyone else observes this happening.

i'd have to agree with the heritage auction's smelling like "rotten fish", blush.gif after forgettting about my bids for a week, i checked them yesterday and they were still relatively low. after seeing the posts today here on the forums, i checked the books i was bidding on and they jumped 3X in price. i think heritage may "need to person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed" sometime soon to get rid of that foul smell. blush.gifshocked.gifmad.giftongue.gif i can smell it all the way over here in cali. ooo.gifwink.gifgrin.gif

I had only bid on a few books but was outbid on every single one of them within one hour today! This blind auction thing needs to go or they need to do something to make me more confident I am not getting screwed by bidding on their stuff.

The extra new accts could be legit if they are getting a lot of new subscriber/bidders via Ask Art partnership for their hi-end Famous American Illustrators upcoming auction after Signature auction. Choke, we dream of grabbing some of that hi-end money to boost gold & ASM cgc prices to the MOON.

Beyond calling and asking Ed Jaster I am not sure. I have one of their catalogs around my office somewhere but I am not sure that it addresses that topic. They probably have a clause somewhere that says bids can not be retracted to protect the "integrity" of the auction I bet!

There is exactly zero info on their web site about canceling bids. One of the lots I was high bidder on was "bumped", but the bumper then cancelled his bid, making me the high bidder again. This, along with all the strange prices on most of these lots, is too much BS for me. I e-mailed Heritage yesterday requesting they cancel all of my bids, but I have received no reply...

One of the lots I was high bidder on was "bumped", but the bumper then cancelled his bid, making me the high bidder again.

Well that's interesting, I wonder if the bidder pulled his bids, or if Heritage identified the bogus bidders and cancelled all their bids...hold on, let me check the million-dollar All Flash...okay, it's down to $850. laugh.gif Looks like someone cleaned up the mess folks so you might want to re-check your bids! wink.gif

Well all my bids were bumped yesterday so i am giving up and waiting for the after auction sale. They usually have some pretty decent leftovers when they get folks focused on 9.6 Spidey 1s and such so I am hoping some of the less valuable stuff gets overlooked. I bet what happened with your book is what others have been speculating - that when they bumped your book, they entered the wrong figure and then maybe went back and tried to adjust it. One thing is for sure though, they way they are running these auctions sucks!

>>I e-mailed Heritage yesterday requesting they cancel all of my bids, but I have received no reply...

I wouldn't worry about it; once Heritage gets the correct "bump data" in the load tables, things will go back to normal. That some are sticking to the totally illogical "hundreds or thousands of bogus bidders simultaneously bumping the amounts to 100X Guide" is pretty darn amusing.

Does anyone understand the logistics surrounding manual bogus bidding within that time-frame? No way Jose.

The book I was most interested in has been bumped $100 since

Saturday! First, they bumped it $50, then (this morning!) $50

again! I suspect those hundreds of mysterious new bidders have

something to do with it (suddenly jumping to $2,450)???

i just joined heritage last week and won 3 amaz spideys cgc 9.8 #212,284,291, for right around $50 each,but what is with that BP? that !@#$ i only bid once for each lot,but can you bid more than once or is it just 1 time you can bid? confused.gif

You can bid as many times as you like. I always end up bidding more than once it seems.

That BP will kill you! I always factor it in to my bids. And I still win some auctions. I got one of those Spidey 9.8s too for $42 including BP.