• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is sneaky marketing ok as long as it brings in the comic buyers?

100 posts in this topic

So, you see something that that you can potentially flip for phat stacks in a picture. You lie in wait for that to be posted, hoping it is cheap enough to allow for sufficient stack phatness. When it turns out to be a reprint, even though the seller made no mention of what it was or wasn't, you assume that he hid it on purpose, get pissed, cancel other purchases, and then make a thread about it on the Internet?

rtt6g.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

Here is the picture he posted which is why I feel he intentionally covered up the Mexico logo on the left side. Did I assume incorrectly?

Harley%20Quinn_zpsbkydbap2.png

I would have agreed with you that it looks like he's hiding the wording on that variant, but it looks like the book next to it has 2 autographs on the front cover and one is near the right hand border...so that book gets shown without overlap.

Could be intentional to hide the variant or he could be trying to show off the sigs.

Either way you've got as much to assume he did nothing wrong as that he did something wrong. 50-50 propositions tell me I should keep my assumptions to myself.

It would be naïve to think he didn't know what he was doing. He covered up the logo on the book. He repeatedly did not answer questions about the price of the book. His prices were dead on FMV. I'm comfortable saying he knew what he was doing. The question is was it right.

I asked him to let me out of buying his book and he agreed so we are good but I'm most concerned about the idea that it's ok to blatantly be sneaky to draw in customers. Maybe its common practice and I just do not notice it.

I thought you were asking a real question and fielding honest opinions. If you just wanted people to agree with you then you shouldn't ask the question so open ended.

So, you see something that that you can potentially flip for phat stacks in a picture. You lie in wait for that to be posted, hoping it is cheap enough to allow for sufficient stack phatness. When it turns out to be a reprint, even though the seller made no mention of what it was or wasn't, you assume that he hid it on purpose, get pissed, cancel other purchases, and then make a thread about it on the Internet?

Here is the picture he posted which is why I feel he intentionally covered up the Mexico logo on the left side. Did I assume incorrectly?

I would have agreed with you that it looks like he's hiding the wording on that variant, but it looks like the book next to it has 2 autographs on the front cover and one is near the right hand border...so that book gets shown without overlap.

Could be intentional to hide the variant or he could be trying to show off the sigs.

Either way you've got as much to assume he did nothing wrong as that he did something wrong. 50-50 propositions tell me I should keep my assumptions to myself.

It would be naïve to think he didn't know what he was doing. He covered up the logo on the book. He repeatedly did not answer questions about the price of the book. His prices were dead on FMV. I'm comfortable saying he knew what he was doing. The question is was it right.

I asked him to let me out of buying his book and he agreed so we are good but I'm most concerned about the idea that it's ok to blatantly be sneaky to draw in customers. Maybe its common practice and I just do not notice it.

I thought you were asking a real question and fielding honest opinions. If you just wanted people to agree with you then you shouldn't ask the question so open ended.

I don't think I've shot down anyone's opinion but I will present additional info that may have been over looked or may help back up my own opinion. I'm definitely the type to say when I'm wrong but in this case I still feel he was misleading by how he took the picture.

Kind of like a tease.

If a guy gets boobs and takes some pictures of the boobs and asks you to come over wouldn't you assume it was a girl and be pissed when it was a guy. You made the assumption that it was a girl since they never said it out loud but isn't the fault on the other person since all the evidence was presented in a manner to trick you.

I don't think I've shot down anyone's opinion but I will present additional info that may have been over looked or may help back up my own opinion. I'm definitely the type to say when I'm wrong but in this case I still feel he was misleading by how he took the picture.

Perhaps I mistook your calling my opinion naive.

Kind of like a tease.

If a guy gets boobs and takes some pictures of the boobs and asks you to come over wouldn't you assume it was a girl and be pissed when it was a guy. You made the assumption that it was a girl since they never said it out loud but isn't the fault on the other person since all the evidence was presented in a manner to trick you.

:eek:

ru06p.jpg

Kind of like a tease.

:eek:

ru06p.jpg

Nice! I'm sure the previous winner is pissed to give up the title.