• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics back in 7-11

25 posts in this topic

The proposed format is better than the single-issue format, but where it will go awry is when the buyer finds out that he has paid $3.99 for the privilege of reading 1/3rd of the origin of Ultimate Spider-Man in 10 minutes. foreheadslap.gif

Decompressed storytelling must go. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

The proposed format is better than the single-issue format, but where it will go awry is when the buyer finds out that he has paid $3.99 for the privilege of reading 1/3rd of the origin of Ultimate Spider-Man in 10 minutes. foreheadslap.gif

Decompressed storytelling must go. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

What do you know? I actually agree with you on something. 893whatthe.gif

this is awesome, only non comic store for like 30 miles that sells comics here is safeway, and it looks like they just let little kids play with them and then stomp on them and run them over with cars.

"And, I'm not sure Marvel can produce high-quality, done-in-one 32-page books profitably at a meaningfully lower price point (even if they used cheaper paper, etc.) anymore, anyway."

Marvel has a VAST library of material it can reprint for the 7-11 market.

When you only have to pay the talent some sort of royalty (which I'd guess may be lower on a reprint than the original) and the price of paper, things are a lot cheaper.

If this results in decent sales, they could probably do it for a lot less than $3.99.

It would go over 80 pages, but perhaps reprinting a story from each "era" on a given title may make sense like have a 60s, a 70s, an 80s and a 90s hulk story in each issue.

"It would go over 80 pages, but perhaps reprinting a story from each "era" on a given title may make sense like have a 60s, a 70s, an 80s and a 90s hulk story in each issue."

That would be cool. Great idea!