• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED - Thanks!

126 posts in this topic

RECAP

Page 1

Iron Man 55, CGC SS (Jim Starlin) 5.5, White pages

DC Special 21, 9.4, $50, OWW, old label

Page 2

Fantastic Four 49, 8.0, OWW, $375 (That's the GPA low for 2015)

FF 66, CGC 8.0, OWW, $175

Page 3

FF 175, 9.6, White pages, $60

FF212, 9.8, W, $90

Action Comics 54, 2.0, COWW, $250

All Winners 17, 5.0, COW, $600

Dazzler 10, 9.8, W, $40

Strange Tales 138, 9.0, OWW, $120

JIM 85, 3.0 R, OWW, $225

Page 4

Iron Man 126, 9.0 SS, OWW, $100

Signed by Bob Layton and John Romita, Jr.

Page 5 above this post

Tales of Suspense 65, 6.5, OWW, $75

Tales of Suspense 94, 7.5, OWW, $100

:hi: keep on posting my friend

I might do some more tonight, but hey, I've got all week. :)

I am clearing out quite a bit. Yet another "What do I really want to buy, and why do I want to buy it, and where do I want to spend my money" phase. :P

I am in exactly the same place.

I'm lucky I didn't see the Hulk earlier. That would have put me behind for ComicCon. What a perfect low grade presenter. Awesome books! That 49 is so sweet btw!!! Ahhhh.

Hey, thanks, man.

Yeah, that FF 49 and Hulk 2 were hard to list. I decided that I'd put them up at market prices and live with the results. If the 49 survives this thread, I imagine it will go back in the box.

Thanks for all the purchases so far, everyone. I priced the comics well, I thought, which seems to have played out. I've had only two PM negotiations, both of which ended well for both buyer and seller. If you don't like the price, feel free to PM me. A few of the books are priced well enough that I'll leave them be for a few days, and you can always take your chances waiting until closer to the thread's end. ;)

Speaking of the thread's conclusion, I'll wrap it up mid-week, Wednesday or Thursday. I want to have all of these out the door by the end of fall break, which means next Saturday since my local PO is open no Saturday mornings.

ANOTHER RECAP BEFORE I START POSTING AGAIN

With thoughts, because I'm bored, drinking beer, and watching Alien.

RECAP

Page 1

Iron Man 55, CGC SS (Jim Starlin) 5.5, White pages, $449 - Do you think that Thanos's first appearance will get cheaper anytime soon? What I think is that he's one of the Marvel universes's three top villains, occupying a pedestal shared with only Galactus and Dr. Doom. Even when a new generation of kids, which will take longer than you might think, has forgotten the movie, the book will still be in demand. And c'mon, Jim "Puff Puff" Starlin signed this. SS's can be a dime a dozen, but this is pretty cool.

DC Special 21, 9.4, $50, OWW, old label. Dark Knight fans should find this appealing, and I have to admit, the joke that this is Miller's only time letting Batman smile always makes me laugh a little.

Page 2

Fantastic Four 49, 8.0, OWW, $375 (That's the GPA low for 2015)

FF 66, CGC 8.0, OWW, $175

This is a pretty copy and considered the start of a classic story arc. The purples on this comic's cover always appealed to me, along with its use of shadowing. Plus, if you dig Warlock, then this is just a cool comic to have.

Page 3

FF 175, 9.6, White pages, $60

I was on my Galactic Prophylactic project when I bought this. This one has a super-sized High Evolutionary on the cover trading finger blasts with Galactus. I don't know how HE got himself so swoll, or maybe it's just a perspective thing where he's near to us. Poor FF, stuck in the middle again. How did they get inside that bubble? It must not be Sue's, who, by the way, is looking helpless as usual.

FF212, 9.8, W, $90

Action Comics 54, 2.0, COWW, $250

I bought this because I always wanted an Action Comic cover with Superman on it, the price was right, it presented well, and it was a war cover. I intended it to be my "Superman specimen," but I'm going a big clean-out so I've put it at what I feel is a good price that reflects how well the front cover presents.

All Winners 17, 5.0, COW, $600

For me this comic covered all the bases for its era and related titles. I'd have Cap, Subby, and the Torch with their respective sidekicks, all on one cover. That way, I wouldn't need to buy representative copies of each individual title, a money saver in a way. In fact, now that I think about this, I'm going to pull this from sale. I'll entertain PMs, but you better woo me hard.

Dazzler 10, 9.8, W, $40

Hell yeah! Galactus recognizes something that Dazzler does not: the extent of her power. He locates her, probably at a disco, and battle ensues. She's on the table as a possible herald. I think Terax gets involved? I don't know. Seems like a good comic for someone who digs Dazzler and Galactus, or is one of the three or four people working on a Dazzler run.

Strange Tales 138, 9.0, OWW, $120

JIM 85, 3.0 R, OWW, $225

Page 4

Iron Man 126, 9.0 SS, OWW, $100

Signed by Bob Layton and John Romita, Jr.

Pretty obvious, eh, too cool sigs on a classic cover. I'm asking what I paid for it, which seemed fair to me considering two sigs you don't see together often on a comic that they must have had fun on.

Page 5 above this post

Tales of Suspense 65, 6.5, OWW, $75

Tales of Suspense 94, 7.5, OWW, $100

This 1st apperance of MODOk is priced high. I won't make money on it. Actually, I'll lose money on it. I had it pressed and slabbed, confident that it was a VF+ or better, but I missed something. Even so, this book doesn't come up for sale often, raw or slabbed. When it does, it usually disappears pretty quickly. It goes for good dollars at auction, too. Believe me, I've watched more than one get past my budget. So this is a low mid-grade copy where someone has already taken the press and slab hit, and you get a first appearance of a character co-created by Kirby an Lee. They had AIM scientists use mutagenics on George Tarleton to turn him into MODOC, with a C, Mental Organism Designed Only for Computing, but he turned on them and took over AIM. He's a total freakshow, and I have two raw copies of him, so I'm going to keep it. If you like this comic and buy it, you should look for a TOS 93 to get the rest of the story, and the first appearance of George Tarleton,who will become MODOK, nee MODOC.

Thor 160, 9.0, OWW, $115

Just a cool cover from Kirby. He hit a lot of homers on his Thor run. Of course, Thor and Galactus would encounter one another. Thor is, after all, an alien, just like Galactus. Add to that a god-planet with an attitude. Ego was introduced, I think, back in Thor 134. Can't you imagine how aroused that news made Galactus. Maybe it was the Silver Surfer who ratted out Ego. "Psst, hey Galactus! Hey...HEY! Yeah, down here, boss. So there's this planet...it's not occupied, but there is a catch." ... "Yeah, a catch. So this planet isn't occupied, but the planet itself is kinda sentient. Actually, yeah, it's fully sentient. But it's kinda obnoxious, all wrapped up in itself. So as far as I'm concerned, you have an opportunity to feed like you've never fed before...you'll practically fall into a torpor, saving who knows how many gene pools in the universe for at least, like maybe, 12 months or so."

IB41UPQl.jpg

UrS4OK6l.jpg