• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amazing spiderman 39 p. 18

16 posts in this topic

+1. Wish I had my 39 handy so I could see what it looks like but if it has Spider-Man and/or the green goblin, price will be crazy. 2 twice up. :cloud9:

That's great, but I can't help wishing Peter was in full costume. Still an absolutely fantastic page that will certainly go for a very strong number.

It's only a matter of time before someone asks what we think it will go for so I'm going to throw out 80K.

The battle pages from #40 sold for 75k a piece, but that was several years ago, and the market for A+ material continues to skyrocket. This is a 2/3 splash from Romita's first Spidey issue - I don't think 100K+ is unreasonable.

I'll top dem with $100k. Matters not Peter is out of costume, actually makes it stronger imo.

+1

Pretty cool in the context of the story

It's a half-splash...at least two people will likely rationalize a higher price. I'll say $135K, plus or minus $20K ($115-$155K).

I'll top dem with $100k. Matters not Peter is out of costume, actually makes it stronger imo.

+1

It's a half-splash...at least two people will likely rationalize a higher price. I'll say $135K, plus or minus $20K ($115-$155K).

Very likely!

+1

Would you up your estimate if I told you it's a 62.5% splash? :baiting:

+1

Very likely!

pages from this book never surface

i will guess between 200-300k

granted thats a broad range but thats my marker