• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spidey 98 cover

17 posts in this topic

An easy 6 figure piece, love it.

I wouldnt be shocked if it did close that high. It has a great large image of Spiderman and even though the Green Goblin is small, still very nice.

Don't be surprised if this cover sells for insane money. The complete interiors were offered at a huge, multiple 6-figure price 2-3 years ago (and I believe they sold), so somebody has a big appetite for this issue out there. This one could easily be the shock result of this auction, even more so than the GL #76 (not that it will necessary surpass the GL cover in price, but I think it has a lot more potential upside relative to consensus expectations). It's right in the wheelhouse of multiple uber-BSD usual suspects, so don your rain poncho when watching the live auction, because Uncle Gene's weather forecast calls for a bloodbath with a slight chance of massacre. :popcorn:

I wouldnt be shocked if it did close that high. It has a great large image of Spiderman and even though the Green Goblin is small, still very nice.

Don't be surprised if this cover sells for insane money. The complete interiors were offered at a huge, multiple 6-figure price 2-3 years ago (and I believe they sold), so somebody has a big appetite for this issue out there. This one could easily be the shock result of this auction, even more so than the GL #76 (not that it will necessary surpass the GL cover in price, but I think it has a lot more potential upside relative to consensus expectations). It's right in the wheelhouse of multiple uber-BSD usual suspects, so don your rain poncho when watching the live auction, because Uncle Gene's weather forecast calls for a bloodbath with a slight chance of massacre. :popcorn:

lol

Definitely going to be interesting to watch.

The last time he asked me to call him Uncle Gene he tried to give me a ride in his van. (tsk)

I own the complete book to asm 98...(i put this book together over the course of 18 years) i will post them shortly... so many all out battle pages in this book..... its truly a treasure to see!

Look forward to that.

Any plans on re-uniting the cover with the interiors?

I own the complete book to asm 98...(i put this book together over the course of 18 years) i will post them shortly... so many all out battle pages in this book..... its truly a treasure to see!

I hope you get the cover, too.

Do you think the book broken and sold would sell for more than the cover ?