• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anyone think this still warrants a grade of 8.0?

68 posts in this topic

mm = mil = millimeter ≠ millie (the model)

"Mil" does not mean "millimeter." One "mil" is = to 0.0254 millimeters.

Or do you really think those 4 mil Mylars are FOUR MILLIMETERS THICK? (Stack four dimes on top of one another and put it next to a Mylar. One dime = one millimeter thick.)

That's very confusing. Why don't they just call it "not too thin but not too thick"?

When you are king of the universe, make that your first agenda item. poke2.gif

Or do you really think those 4 mil Mylars are FOUR MILLIMETERS THICK? (Stack four dimes on top of one another and put it next to a Mylar. One dime = one millimeter thick.)

That's very confusing. Why don't they just call it "not too thin but not too thick"?

Dammit. FFB started several months after me and he's now 5,000 posts ahead.

if that's his first agenda item, i'm leading a dadgum coup the first second i get. then i will commence the killing spree that would make stalin look like a hamster

if that's his first agenda item, i'm leading a dadgum coup the first second i get. then i will commence the killing spree that would make stalin look like a hamster

blush.gif

Run away!

A killer, genocidal hamster, or the garden variety kind that will eat through your couch if it breaks out of its cage? (Poor fluffy. frown.gif )

Yeah, but with the UK exchange rate you've got 7,420 American posts.

sign-funnypost.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Too bad your prices are just as high! frown.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

They aren't that bad - it's not as if there's a vast disparity between my prices and your precious Dougs'. tongue.gif

They aren't that bad - it's not as if there's a vast disparity between my prices and your precious Dougs'. tongue.gif

And your grading is similar to Doug's too. cloud9.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Doug provides WAY better customer service. Plus, you know that I just like to razz you! yay.gif

A killer, genocidal hamster, or the garden variety kind that will eat through your couch if it breaks out of its cage? (Poor fluffy. frown.gif )

making stalin look like a genocidal hamster would kind of kill the metaphor, wouldn't it? i mean, who wouldn't be terrified of a hamster with a lust for blood?

no, my killing spree would make the pogroms look like your average day in a calm connecticut ymca-sponsored summer camp. which is to say, calm, relaxing, and not at all full of blood-and-offal-soaked piles of corpses

making stalin look like a genocidal hamster would kind of kill the metaphor, wouldn't it? i mean, who wouldn't be terrified of a hamster with a lust for blood?

no, my killing spree would make the pogroms look like your average day in a calm connecticut ymca-sponsored summer camp. which is to say, calm, relaxing, and not at all full of blood-and-offal-soaked piles of corpses

Simile, you mean, not metaphor. poke2.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Doug provides WAY better customer service. Plus, you know that I just like to razz you! yay.gif

Yeah, I know, tis all in jest.

Now buy some comics from me, dammit!!! sumo.gif

acclaim.gif

But...your scanner always seems to be off! Both of you are one man operations but I always get my scans from Doug fast! poke2.gif

Simile, you mean, not metaphor. poke2.gif

okay, you're now at the top of my list, pal. go ahead and get your affairs in order

acclaim.gif

But...your scanner always seems to be off! Both of you are one man operations but I always get my scans from Doug fast! poke2.gif

There's a reason for that - Doug's geographically closer to you. tongue.gif