• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Francisco Comic Con's Grand LCS Tour!

34 posts in this topic

Thanks for the great post! I was in San Francisco about a month ago on business and unfortunately didn't get to visit any of the LCS. This will be a great guide when I go next year.

I feel your pain with the traffic. I've been to many large cities, but I've NEVER seen traffic like I saw in SF. I guess with so many people in a relatively small land area it just makes the problem that much worse. Downtown SF was a trip, I was in a cab and was just amazed at what he had to do just to get from point A to point B.

Thanks for the great post! I was in San Francisco about a month ago on business and unfortunately didn't get to visit any of the LCS. This will be a great guide when I go next year.

I feel your pain with the traffic. I've been to many large cities, but I've NEVER seen traffic like I saw in SF. I guess with so many people in a relatively small land area it just makes the problem that much worse. Downtown SF was a trip, I was in a cab and was just amazed at what he had to do just to get from point A to point B.

The trick to navigating SF is to go at 4 AM.

No traffic.

:D

I haven't been to too many stores in the North or East Bay-- I'm down in the South-- but my store is Illusive Comics and Games in Santa Clara. Fairly new, and kind of a small selection, but it's where I really got into the weekly grind. But I started at Black Cat Comics, formerly Brian's Books, in Milpitas.

The trick to navigating SF is to go at 4 AM.

No traffic.

:D

I have to go to SF to work every week or so, and for work reasons I have to drive, not Caltrain or BART. It sucks. On the bright side, some startups have popped up that make it much easier ... my favorite is Luxe, which is a valet company. Waaaay easier than spending 45 minutes looking for parking. :(

And as long as I'm being a shill for some 20-something's company, you may as well use my referral code ... ANDREW12 ;)

...I haven't been to too many stores in the North or East Bay-- I'm down in the South-- but my store is Illusive Comics and Games in Santa Clara. Fairly new, and kind of a small selection, but it's where I really got into the weekly grind. But I started at Black Cat Comics, formerly Brian's Books, in Milpitas...

I know the area well. You must be in the Korean shopping district, and directly across from Moonlight. I also remember Black Cat Comics.

Good luck with the new store!

Some of the smaller shops on the list, I have never visited and have been living in Bay Area most of my life. I recommend Heroes in Campbell,CA and Comic Collector Shop in Sunnyvale, CA if you can venture further south to the SouthBay - Santa Clara Area. They have vintage comics/back issues which is getting harder to find these days.