• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Worst Deadbeat eBay Feedback Giver

9 posts in this topic

hey all,

for those of us who sell on eBay, i'm sure you've all encountered those bidders who complete transactions successfully without leaving feedback. here's a guy i did a transaction with a few months ago.

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=661

not too bad feedback. 257 pos with 230 unique. now look at his "Feedback About Others" page:

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedbackMemberLeft&memberId=661&items=25

zilch. he's the most deadbeat feedback giver i've ever come across.

anyone know anyone worse?

maybe he doesn't know how to leave feedback, hell clobberintime never left me feedback. blush.gif his excuse was that he was computer illiterate, damn lawyers! mad.gif they can come up with an excuse for anything! wink.giftongue.gif

dunno. i think some people are just plain lazy.

i had this one guy - he paid me TWICE for the same auction by paypal. he didn't say/do anything. a few days later i noticed - and i REFUNDED his payment. he replied with a "THANKS!".

no positive feedback left.

I avoid these people. The worst is when they only leave negatives, but don't take the time out to leave a positive for a good transaction. It shows that they don't care about their customers as much as they should IMO.

when i go to bid on items - i scrutinize their "feedback about others" page as much as i check their actual_feedback.

there was a thread recently that posted a link about some seller's feedback - about 10% of them were things like "jerk!", and "@sshole" etc.

who'd want to buy something from that person when you risk having those kinds of comments placed on your feedback page just cause something goes wrong?(maybe caused by the seller...)

Absolutely true! Hell i still don't know how to get an avatar on this thing - just call me old school. It took me along time to realize how to do feedback - i had no idea that if you clicked on that "me" thing that it meant anything. I thought it was just some ebay term meaning you were extra good or something! I never had to type for myself in college and never got close to a computer until about 3 years ago.

Riiiiigggghhtttt. He has over 200 positive feedbacks but doesn't know how to leave it??? I can guarantee you that some of his buyers/sellers have emailed him asking him to leave feedback.