• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Liberty Comics #10

17 posts in this topic

The cover is cool, but not as common as #11, but much more common than #12, which is the really sought after issue and worth a lot more than either 11 or 10. Someone has a copy of #12 on ebay right now for $1,000. Another person has a #10 for $199. I think both might be over-priced (but the prices make me feel good since I have both), but you get the idea...it's a fairly scarce book. Here are my copies of #12 and #10:

i1wchf.jpg

9k145y.jpg

Were the Liberty covers taken from splash pages, like some ( all?) of the Roly Poly covers?

Issue #12 in particular has that look.

Both appear to be MLJ reprint books put out by Green Publishing.

Marty seems to have missed the question BB...so, allow me to answer from my copy...No, the centerfold is 4 pages (2 sheets) back in the story towards the beginning. At least, in my 48 pg. book (52 with covers)...

Thanks Brian. I always wondered what the difference was between Liberty 10 and Hangman 8. I have two copies of the centerfold and one copy of Hangman 8. I think there may also be a trimmed or glue page to make Hangman a 60 page book but not sure. :headbang:

Marty seems to have missed the question BB...so, allow me to answer from my copy...No, the centerfold is 4 pages (2 sheets) back in the story towards the beginning. At least, in my 48 pg. book (52 with covers)...

Thanks Brian. I always wondered what the difference was between Liberty 10 and Hangman 8. I have two copies of the centerfold and one copy of Hangman 8. I think there may also be a trimmed or glue page to make Hangman a 60 page book but not sure. :headbang:

So, you're saying that Liberty 10 reprints Hangman 8 (minus 8 pages)? Well, there's 1 book off my want list now...who needs to read the same stories twice?...not me...and I just saved a ton of money by not needing a Hangman 8 anymore... and i didn't even have to switch to GEICO... (thumbs u

BTW, that pirate story is kinda lame...it never explains how they survived for 450 years...