• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best comics posted....

33 posts in this topic

After a year of lurking and posting on these boards, I can say that I have seen some pretty amazing books from people's collections. I though it would be interesting to have a thread dedicated to some of the rarest and most expensive books that have been shared here. Some of the most impressive in my opinion have been (in no particuar order)...

1. Ian's old Action 1 (and the rest of his, now upgraded, keys pictured in a recent thread)

2. Church copy of Fantastic 3 (jbcomicbox) my jaw hit the floor when I saw this one

3. Motion Picture Funnies Weekly 1 (jbcomicbox)

4. Gaines file copy of Mad 1 (esquirecomics) looks better than 99% of the stuff I buy off the rack

These are just a few off the top of my head. What comics (or original art) have you seen posted that particularly impressed you? (I would like to see stuff that board members actually own).

I'm pretty much addicted to the stuff in the GA forum and some of the guys there have some stunning collections. Off the top of my head I would say...

1. Timely's Captain America #1 (CGC 8.0)

2. Timely's All Winners #14 (CGC 9.6 893whatthe.gif)

3. jbcomicbox's Superworld Comics #1 (stunningly high grade)

4. jbcomicbox's The Fighting Yank #23 (CGC 9.6)

5. nearmint's Exciting Comics #31 (CGC 9.6 I think... just beautiful whatever it is)

Just incredible stuff!

Oh... while those are some of my favorite individual comics posted I will say that the best pics period are of the "group" pics of Ian's keys. Truly impressive to see them side by side like that.

What comics (or original art) have you seen posted that particularly impressed you?

Everything posted by jbcomicbox, EsquireComics, Burntboy and AdamStrange.

I concur with the choice of the books posted in the 10centers thread. I especially enjoyed Burnt's Mystery in Space scans.

I've also had my mind blown by many of the scans and threads in the Golden Age forum. I'm hooked.

Finally, I'd like to commend Steve Filosa for starting up the "Show me Your Newest Pedigree" thread.....an amazing parade of interesting books has shown up there!

Red

One other thing I forgot, its not one book or even the best, but I just can't get it out of my mind....

.........its all those Subby Iron Man team up books in one photo...... crazy.gif