• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleveland Comic Con - October 24th - Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds, Ohio

7 posts in this topic

It may be a complete disaster but there is a small 1 day show happening in Cleveland in a couple weeks. I'm actually setting up at this one so come by and say hi. Now all I have to do is figure out how to put together a 7' long wall for my slabs and wall books.

Are you in the middle of the room or at the wall?

You can jury (jerry?) rig something by buying

some of these, a few hooks, and some wood. Screw the hooks into the boards, hang the shelving on the hooks, and voila!

If you're in the middle, you can do the same thing, but you'll have to make the wood into a v-shape (using hinges of some sort) and then some greater support.

5 days until the Con and I've got my own comic display board! I'm planning on giving the whole thing some stability by putting the "legs" of the structure in packed cider blocks. Anyone have a better idea of how to give the two a-frames some stability especially since I'm not sure if I'm against a wall or not.

Looking at the Con report again it looks like there is some cross supports on some walls giving it some stability and some look like they don't have any. I'll have to look into that since I'm not loving the cinder block idea.