• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A few pics from NYCC

159 posts in this topic

Apparently the X-Men #200 cover sold! As did the ASM Annual #11 (both Bechara). And Burkey confirmed to me that the Spectacular Spider-Man piece sold as well. So, at least one person(s) is paying these crazy prices.* :whatthe:

Buyer must have backed down as it's up on Mike's site.

Spectacular Spider-man

That's a BIG sale to walk away from :o

Apparently the X-Men #200 cover sold! As did the ASM Annual #11 (both Bechara). And Burkey confirmed to me that the Spectacular Spider-Man piece sold as well. So, at least one person(s) is paying these crazy prices.* :whatthe:

Spectacular Spider-man

Anybody know how much mike is asking ?

I think 180k is a fair price. The image is fantastic and classic. The only thing the piece has going against it is "The Spectacular Spider-Man" masthead as opposed to the "Amazing Spider-Man"

I agree with MIke that this is a museum piece. Truly stunning to see.

I think 180k is a fair price. The image is fantastic and classic. The only thing the piece has going against it is "The Spectacular Spider-Man" masthead as opposed to the "Amazing Spider-Man"

I'd certainly love to own it! :cloud9: The image itself is classic. But the fact is it's not an actual published cover, and not even part of a published story. Technically, it's advertising artwork, and I'm assuming that's the reason the BSD's aren't jumping at it.

I'd certainly love to own it! :cloud9: The image itself is classic. But the fact is it's not an actual published cover, and not even part of a published story. Technically, it's advertising artwork, and I'm assuming that's the reason the BSD's aren't jumping at it.

Ahhhhhh. I missed that it wasn't published. I thought it was the ink work that accompanied the painting.

Spectacular Spider-man

Might want to check with Mike. I've bought stuff from him only to see it still on his site a couple years later.

Might want to check with Mike. I've bought stuff from him only to see it still on his site a couple years later.

It just appeared on his site today - after the NYCC. He'll usually put "On Hold" or "Sold" if he doesn't have it

John Romita

Attributed to John Romita

Workshop of John Romita

School of John Romita

Circle of John Romita

Manner of John Romita

After John Romita

:insane:

What does "circle of" means? The others, I can figure out what they try to imply, but this one, I got no clue.