• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can anyone offer estimates and recommend a company...

8 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

So I have been slabbing comics for a few years now, but I finally encountered a comic to have restored.

FYI, I am not looking to resell or to increase value, etc on this, it is for my personal collection!

So, I have an Amazing Spiderman #40 End of The Green Goblin (1963)

The front cover, back cover, and main body/interior of the comic are detached, essentially three separate pieces. The interior is all intact, and overall the tearing is clean from the spine for the covers.

The only restoration I would want is to reattach the covers . . .what would that cost?

I received an estimate from a company who said $325-400..which seems a bit high (and quite frankly out of budget) for just reattaching covers, BUT again, I have never sent a comic for restoration...

I don't know how to attach images, I don't think it allows me to..but I can send them to anyone if that is needed

Thank you everyone!

A restored, low grade ASM 40 would be worth less than the cost of restoration. You can buy a low grade copy already in a CGC holder for less than the cost of restoration. It *might* be worth it if you had an otherwise perfect copy with a clean detachment, but even then it's not a slam dunk.

A restored, low grade ASM 40 would be worth less than the cost of restoration. You can buy a low grade copy already in a CGC holder for less than the cost of restoration. It *might* be worth it if you had an otherwise perfect copy with a clean detachment, but even then it's not a slam dunk.

This.

This.

+1000

This.

+1000

+10000

To add some further information:

Going by GPA Analysis data, for the amount you were quoted $325-400 you can possibly buy a CGC graded 8.0-8.5 copy of the book that is not restored. The last CGC 8.5 sold for $365.00.

Please do not bother to restore your book, unless there is some strong personal sentimental value.

This.

+1000

+10000

To add some further information:

Going by GPA Analysis data, for the amount you were quoted $325-400 you can possibly buy a CGC graded 8.0-8.5 copy of the book that is not restored. The last CGC 8.5 sold for $365.00.

Please do not bother to restore your book, unless there is some strong personal sentimental value.

100% - You'd be throwing money away.. Unless as previous post said. it has some sentimental value