• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone waiting on books back from CGC from last Wednesday?

4 posts in this topic

A handful of books were shipped out Registered/Insured 2 day priority last Wednesday (10/7) and I still cant' get any updated info via the USPS (on line or 800 #) They don't have any updated info post 10/9 (the day it was supposed to arrive) I know with the holiday and weekend things are delayed if it didn't get to me on that day but the lack of info is frustrating....anyone else in the same boat ??

Registered mail usually takes about a week to Sarasota - it's slower than regular priority

And the updates don't always update.

the updates are useless...I spoke with a carrier who said registered isn't what it used to be and they give more attention to priority now. Registered sits in a safe (supposedly) until the guy who has that post is able to make pick up. I wouldn't sweat it though....In the 5 times I've used it these last 3 months , one arrived from Boston to Sarasota in 2 days...3 took about a week ....and one took 33 days . The 33 day one took 9 days just to get 45 mins up the road and I was freaking because they're supposed to log in every stop and overnight and they were my best books. No one could tell me where they were for 9 days ...but, they ended up fine. Just a slow system. Started using fed ex on my side with much better results. Don't really know which is better if they ever get damaged or stolen and I hope I never have to find out. Anyway...give it a few days..probably get it Friday..good luck