• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Geusstimate grade to my Batman Adventure #12

8 posts in this topic

Decent mid grade copy.

I'd say around a 6.0, maybe a 6.5.

What sticks out the most to me is:

Light spine roll.

Color flecking/light abrasions along the spine + spine tics.

Small tear on top of BC.

Blunted bottom spine.

One thing that I am unsure of, is the waviness (?) on the book, which is prominently visible on the back cover......the top of the BC does not appear to have the waviness to it......is this a water stain?

One thing that I am unsure of, is the waviness (?) on the book, which is prominently visible on the back cover......the top of the BC does not appear to have the waviness to it......is this a water stain?

You'd be surprised what fluctuating humidity can do to a book. In this case it looks pretty minor.

I'd say solid VF- (7.5) on this book.

There is no spine roll on that comic

It is not a glaringly signifigant spine roll.

The spine is slightly rolled at the top of the book, (refer to the first pic) the roll stops right above Harley's hat where there is a spine tic, (refer to the 3rd pic).which effectively stops the spine roll from progressing any further down the spine.

I'd say the minor spine roll at the top of the book is due to improper stacking /or having a book unevenly placed in front of the BA 12 in a long box.

If you look at the other pics, in this specific area, they show the same thing.

The fraying/possible minute bit of seperation along the spine (just above Harley's breast) is another factor keeping it from being a "solid 7.5", as the other boardie stated.....along with the other issues.